Stupid Crappy Underbody Protection!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The guy asked about it melting in his driveway......Ours doesn't melt til April.

My garage needs a serious fridge. I have a wood furnace in my garage and it averages 78* F all winter. Snow doesn't last long in there.

On a side note, we just drove my Expedition cross country and ran in snow for 6 hours. It went from rain/snow mix to heavy slushy snow to all snow and it never built up underneath because of the FX4 skid plate. I can't believe my wifes Navigator has no protection as well. I assumed it was cost savings on my Expedition, but how stupid.

Always wanted to put a woodstove in the garage...gotta get around to that project.

I’m going to see if my dealer will instal fx4 skids on my Navi. Gotta believe it’s the same bolt pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Always wanted to put a woodstove in the garage...gotta get around to that project.

I’m going to see if my dealer will instal fx4 skids on my Navi. Gotta believe it’s the same bolt pattern.

It should be. They're expensive. Like $500 retail if your dealer charges full price.

This is more than a wood stove! lol. Its a 175,000 BTU wood furnace. The garage is 4,500 sq feet so it needs some fire power! lol

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My complaint is with the rear bumper. It’s hollow and open on the inside so mid and snow get consistently caught in there. Whenever I wash my Expy, mud water and debris constantly drip from the bumper exterior as there are pounds of mud just caught in there perpetually. And this is considering I have mud flaps installed. Just overall bad design.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My complaint is with the rear bumper. It’s hollow and open on the inside so mid and snow get consistently caught in there. Whenever I wash my Expy, mud water and debris constantly drip from the bumper exterior as there are pounds of mud just caught in there perpetually. And this is considering I have mud flaps installed. Just overall bad design.
To be fair, a lot of vehicles [SUVs] are like that. Molded panels over a basic frame.

On the front, I added a Raptor skid plate. Don't know how much snow it deflects, or keeps out of the bay, but it does deflect critters quite well.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The rear bumper is like a giant scoop just waiting to get filled with crud....

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got a bunch of snow today and went for a drive. Remembered this thread so I checked under my Navi when I got home. Skids were completely clear. Was surprised.

47c4aebd21edd0ef6f0a9e5e1db0d29c.jpg

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got a bunch of snow today and went for a drive. Remembered this thread so I checked under my Navi when I got home. Skids were completely clear. Was surprised.

Good to know.

Our snow around here was slushy crap. It was spraying left and right, and I am sure that contributed.

You can see though what the moisture did to yours. It is sagging from just being wet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to know.

Our snow around here was slushy crap. It was spraying left and right, and I am sure that contributed.

You can see though what the moisture did to yours. It is sagging from just being wet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Oh it’s garbage (literally since it’s probably recycled waxed cardboard and chicken knuckles) but I was glad that it didn’t get clogged with snow. I am still pretty shocked that they used such flimsy material.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score

That things hanging pretty low already. Its either just sagging or its been fall of snow or something forcing it down. Both of mine are up much higher.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That things hanging pretty low already. Its either just sagging or its been fall of snow or something forcing it down. Both of mine are up much higher.

Could be. But got 20” and after driving through it for 45 mins they were completely clear.

Either way, even an inch higher and it would start rubbing on stuff so not sure.
ce8840475cb6a9b51c04fc0a05c1e1a3.jpg