Supercharger on 98 5.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tshepp16

Reaction score
Anyone on here ever supercharge one of these 5.4L tritons in an expedition? Me and my uncle are completely rebuilding a 5.4L engine and I’m also getting tranny done. Was wondering if there was a decent street legal supercharger or something to through on it while we were at it lol. Any other suggestions on things to check/rebuild? Thanks

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Regular F-150 that I put a low mi 5.4 Lightning motor and tranny I bought on Ebay in it is pushing 500hp/600tq. I started just wanting stock Lightning and or motor but I got used to it very quickly and with a pulley and a used Kenne Bell supercharger I went from 400hp at wheels to 500. Paxton makes a centrifugal SC kit that's fairly simple since you already have a rebuilt motor. For my Expy I will be getting a 4 valve Navigator motor and put a turbo on it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

craig sargood

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the expy Tshepp. My only advice on the 5.4 is to make sure you have heads that won’t eject spark plugs. It’s a very common problem on these motors. Not sure how to know which are good and bad. They didn’t put enough threads in the heads for the spark plus, they come loose, shoot out and ruin coil pack....etc. that’s the reason I purchased a new motor from powertrain products. They have repaired any know problems on this motor and comes with a couple different warranties. No problems so far. Post pictures of what you got going on. Wish you were closer, would love to help you out.

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The early motors from 99-02 ha had 4 threads for spark plugs after 02 they went to 8 threads if you do blow a plug there are 3 fixes you can replace the heads with 8 thread heads, you can yanked & have a machine shop helicoil all the holes or do like I did and buy a Timecert kit and just fix the ones that pop while they are in the vehicle

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk