SYNC3 gone crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airbrush

Reaction score
It's a lot of little things... until this morning.

Bluetooth not synching to my phone. I can hear the caller but the caller can't hear me.

I turn the radio (Serius) off and when I turn it back on it doesn't return to the channel I was listening to when I turned it off (or stopped the engine).

This morning, blank screen - nothing. Tried restarting the car several times - nothing. Go into a store (for probably 30 minutes), come back out, start the car and everything working. Go figure.

2017 Expedition. Any thoughts?

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most likely you were experiencing a Sirius update. They occur without warning. The channel thing is quite common. Don't feel singled out.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
With Sirius if I turn off the ignition the radio will come back on with the ignition on dead AM frequency. I have to manually turn the radio off prior to turning off the truck. Highly annoying.

-- Chuck

UPDATE 11 Jul 19:

Worked normally the past two days. I can turn the ignition Off when Sync is playing and it will come back on when the truck is started again.

Posting the annoyance probably caused it to fix itself out of embarrassment. :)

-- cfs

Last edited:

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With Sirius if I turn off the ignition the radio will come back on with the ignition on dead AM frequency. I have to manually turn the radio off prior to turning off the truck. Highly annoying.

-- Chuck
I found since the recent update this happens about 90% of the time I have the same thing. I finally set it to an actual AM station and it is better than dead air or static.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a lot of little things... until this morning.

Bluetooth not synching to my phone. I can hear the caller but the caller can't hear me.

I turn the radio (Serius) off and when I turn it back on it doesn't return to the channel I was listening to when I turned it off (or stopped the engine).

This morning, blank screen - nothing. Tried restarting the car several times - nothing. Go into a store (for probably 30 minutes), come back out, start the car and everything working. Go figure.

2017 Expedition. Any thoughts?

Just clarity on a few things.

Turning the Truck off then right back on will not reboot Sync 3. The unit actually goes in to a sleep mode for up to as much as 30 minutes depending on many factors, like usage, Nav active, battery voltage, and so on.

To reboot Sync 3, Press and hold the Power button and Next Track at the same time until the screen goes black. Release. You have now rebooted your unit.

It is a computer. It needs a proper reboot every now and then. Like was said above, you might have been getting a Sirius Channel update. What version of Sync 3 are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score

-- Chuck

Does the same thing with other sources as well. If I hop out and happen to have my phone with me it will go to AM static the moment it’s beyond bluetooth range. Very irritating.