Tailgate Glass Bumpers missing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lurch

Reaction score
I had my rear window smashed at a trailhead a few weeks ago and replaced yesterday. Just now I noticed that they did a pretty poor job centering the new window leaving me with a gap on the passenger side and contact with the black facia on the driver side. I also noticed these two holes on either side of the glass and am wondering if when I take it back to be aligned I should be having them install bumpers that may have been removed. Does anyone else have these holes to either side of their rear hatch?

IMG_3654.png

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Some installers remove them when their replacement glass fits sloppy. You should find a pair, put them back and adjust the glass properly.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can probably go by the dealer parts department and pick up a few. They're only a few bucks apiece. The repair shop will just say they weren't there when you brought it in.
Should be part number: Ford W719758-S300

Last edited:

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same here. Two bumpers. Probably only the second time mine was ever opened.

It should not be your responsibility to buy new bumpers or do a "re-adjustment," that should be on the place that was paid to do the job. If this was an insurance claim and your insurance company recommended them, let your insurance company know the quality of workmanship they are recommending.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry about your window. I had my front passenger window smashed out at the trailhead several years ago. A hunter found my wife's wallet in the woods a week later. The thief took her cash, giftcards and all her silver change. They actually took the time to separate the pennies out and were smart enough to leave the credit cards so they couldn't be traced. All told they got ~$3 in cash and less than $100 in GCs. I sat in that lot every afternoon for 3 days waiting to have a discussion with the perps, but my wife finally convinced me that if I caught them, I would end up in more trouble than they would.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205