The time has finally come

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rockers were the first thing to go on my '04 Tahoe (along with fenders) with 185,000 and upstate NY winters...

mrbadwrench

Reaction score
I bought my '08 recently and it was a police/fire vehicle. Whatever rust it had on it had been repaired and it was unbelievably clean underneath. I sent it to be oil undercoated before I drove it on any salty roads.

OP
OP
N

ninjafied

Reaction score
so all in it cost me $1400 for the repairs which included the rockers completely redone, tailgate refinished and rear fenders fixed to reattach the fender flairs. im happy with the job and the price, my truck looks good again.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I had to get rid of my loaded '01 expy last year due to rust. The rust was so bad the body was almost not attached to the rotted frame. I loved that truck. It even had a built in VCR! I upgraded to a '14 limited. Nice truck. I like it, but not as much as the first generations.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Ahh, the benefit of living in Canada I guess... Here on Long Island two rocker panels and paint will set you back $4800 alone.
Yep. I was quoted a little over that by more than one place. They wouldn't bend up anything. They would only buy the repair panel which means it's the whole door frame too. No thanks. No rocker panels available. $700-$800 for a grille? I feel like Ford is starting to screw us over. I don't like it.