Think wheel bearings are starting to fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

37ford

Reaction score
I have a failing bearing on my 2019 4WD. I've been searching for replacement parts, and my head is spinning. The number of brand names is nuts, and most get bad reviews. Also, I've never seen a part have such a wide range of prices - from $192 to $950 for a pair. I see a lot of people recommend the Motorcraft brand. I generally agree, but in this case, isn't premature failure why we are in this situation? Bad hubs have been a pattern for these trucks, so I'm not crazy about spending the extra $ to get (possibly) the same part that failed.

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All parts are crap these days. Quality is out the window. This is what I do. Go to Autozone or Oreilys or any auto parts store that offers lifetime warranty. Wait a month or so bring your old part back and warranty swap it out. Now you have a spare for next time lol.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a failing bearing on my 2019 4WD. I've been searching for replacement parts, and my head is spinning. The number of brand names is nuts, and most get bad reviews. Also, I've never seen a part have such a wide range of prices - from $192 to $950 for a pair. I see a lot of people recommend the Motorcraft brand. I generally agree, but in this case, isn't premature failure why we are in this situation? Bad hubs have been a pattern for these trucks, so I'm not crazy about spending the extra $ to get (possibly) the same part that failed.

Timken or SKF is where I would start. MOOG is hit or miss these days. MOOG sells parts made by Timken and SKF, but they also sell trash made by no-name makers. You never know until you get it and open the box.