Caliper Fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used the emergency brake and manual shifting to get me back. Anyway the dealer submits all warranty work to Ford online. There is nobody to call or email. My vehicle sits at Ford on the rack with all parts in stock but the dealer cant do anything until Ford gives the go ahead. They said it could be up to 72 hours. So the customer could sit with no vehicle for 3 days while ford finds time to ok the warranty. And it could be longer if they require more information or pictures. Insane.

I wish you luck.

I purchased a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 - my first Ford.

Many times I had warranty repairs performed - and now repairs under my Ford Premium service plan. Often the dealer had to get permission from Ford to perform the repair - although it was obviously a coverage failure. This delayed the repair, delayed ordering parts and left me without a vehicle.

This process (and Ford’s poor quality) is one of the primary reasons that I’ll never buy another Ford.

Ford does not trust their authorized dealers to perform basic repairs under their warranty.

OP
OP
F

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree. Im in Day 3 now and this will surely go to Monday now with no vehicle. We have 2 vehicles but it's clearly a warranty issue. Why the dealer cant make that call is beyond me.

image98

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation. Scary indeed. Hope Ford makes this right. Modern cars have a tandem master cylinder, so if the back system goes out or leaks, the front should work unaffected or vice versa. I think this feature was federally mandated back in 1967.

OP
OP
F

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 49,300 miles on it

got it back yesterday. Ford had it 6 1/2 days. Over the weekend but still. It took ford 3 1/2 days to approve a clear cut warranty issue. If I was a mom with 4 kids I would have been screwed. Warranty approvals should be done within hours. Something clearly wrong with the entire process.