Timberline delivered last night, potential issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
View attachment 75316View attachment 75314View attachment 75317View attachment 75318

That stinks. I just hit 10,500 miles on mine Timberline. Just curious what your build date is? Mine is 5/22. That DRL is unfortunate and needs to be addressed. The seats, from what I can tell, shouldn't be a big deal. Mine look the same and I feel like they are already getting softer and working out. BO center speaker is a thing. The left over blue tape is another thing. The subwoofer panel rattles too much; sure i can shove a piece of cardboard or something in there but we shouldn't have to. Thanks to you, I went out side and checked my grill just now; its off on the passenger side. That's just great. The one that gets me: dash right above the steering wheel. It wont click in with out a new one or gluing or something stupid. What a shame. But... I'm enjoying the throttle and Drive everyday!

Another issue: Ambient Floor light. I found this option on a screen around 4k miles. I like to see my pedals and feet at night and turned the brightness up. It was great. Then weeks later, like overnight, I think it did a over the air update, took that option away, and now I don't have floor lights at night. They come on at night when you open the doors yes, but don't stay on while driving like I set it up. And now the option isn't even there.
Dang it! My dashboard is the same! Well, not as bad as yours but the fit is not great.

Yea, I didn’t think the ambient lighting did anything but my daughter noticed the door handles lit up inside this morning. That’s it? I agree: floor lighting would be better.

My build date was 6/22

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something seems really odd about this. No Ford leaves the factory without headlights working and those are calibrated per DOT at the end of the line. I would really look hard into the areas of concern like the drivers front and make sure it was not wrecked by the dealer or something of the sort. One thing about speaker grills bending. There were 10s of thousands of Expeditions built in early 2022 that said in a parking lot for months on end waited for chips. I had one built in Feb that sat waiting for chips until June when I bailed and got something else.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang it! My dashboard is the same! Well, not as bad as yours but the fit is not great.

Yea, I didn’t think the ambient lighting did anything but my daughter noticed the door handles lit up inside this morning. That’s it? I agree: floor lighting would be better.

My build date was 6/22

Thats odd my Timberline has lights in the driver and pass foot wells as well as lights under the drivers and pass seats for the rear feet.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There were 10s of thousands of Expeditions built in early 2022 that said in a parking lot for months on end waited for chips.
I was thinking this exact same thing. How much stuff might not have been working off the line because the chips weren't there and then got unnoticed when they were installed later?

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
It’s a super small dealer in Texas. The sales guy is the same as the guy who checks cars in from transport. He said he would’ve noticed if it was damaged then and then says it was not damaged on his lot. Not sure how much I trust it now. I know there was a change in ownership (previous owner committed suicide) but I wouldn’t think that affects things like damaged vehicles.

And according to the door sticker, build date was 06/22 so hopefully it wasn’t sitting too long waiting for a chip.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This doesn't give me the warm fuzzies as I'm picking mine up tomorrow...!
I personally think this issue is a dealer thing. Where maybe they wrecked it or something strange.
I picked up my Timberline in June and it was mint front to rear. Could not be happier. This seems to be one of the few with issues which leads me to think something is up with the dealer.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They delivered my 2022 Timberline last night and I’ve noticed a few things that may or may not be normal. The vehicle is marked as new, 28 miles before it left the dealer, and they told me they were replacing one of the seats due to the seam coming undone.

So far, I’ve noticed:
Only the passenger DRL works. For courtesy lighting or while driving.
View attachment 75306View attachment 75307

The B&O dashboard speaker cover seems warped:
View attachment 75309

Most of the seats all have creases of some kind in them:
View attachment 75311
View attachment 75310

Basically, I’m wondering what of this stuff (and the next comment) is acceptable and what is not. To me, this seems to be a big red flag that something was up with this vehicle. Maybe I’m paranoid or maybe they screwed me. Any opinions and advice would be appreciated. (Not that it matters much but I’m coming from a 2020 Raptor and I had zero issues aside from shedding a tear when I traded her in).

Edit to add: just noticed how rough the shifting is from park. The car lunges with each and every turn of the dial. Is that normal???
On a $80k+ vehicle that stuff shouldn't be acceptable.