Timberline delivered last night, potential issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbelltx

Reaction score
They delivered my 2022 Timberline last night and I’ve noticed a few things that may or may not be normal. The vehicle is marked as new, 28 miles before it left the dealer, and they told me they were replacing one of the seats due to the seam coming undone.

So far, I’ve noticed:
Only the passenger DRL works. For courtesy lighting or while driving.
64F0B197-2829-4548-9B55-13D961A73C90.jpeg88F8AE80-4202-4FBB-910C-64D28C2A8D75.jpeg

The B&O dashboard speaker cover seems warped:
C9F711EC-DCA6-47B6-A8CE-016980AAFD14.jpeg

Most of the seats all have creases of some kind in them:
D32B0F4C-A4E1-4C16-A4B8-525B6907DEC6.jpeg
B74B4C03-762E-454B-B091-3138C5F76CD8.jpeg

Basically, I’m wondering what of this stuff (and the next comment) is acceptable and what is not. To me, this seems to be a big red flag that something was up with this vehicle. Maybe I’m paranoid or maybe they screwed me. Any opinions and advice would be appreciated. (Not that it matters much but I’m coming from a 2020 Raptor and I had zero issues aside from shedding a tear when I traded her in).

Edit to add: just noticed how rough the shifting is from park. The car lunges with each and every turn of the dial. Is that normal???

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
The front grill seems to be off kilter on the driver’s side (maybe something happened up there and that’s why the DRL doesn’t work too):
60932FDD-9538-4A43-A90A-DA72FC5F57E1.jpeg

And is this just wrapping that was not removed when it was delivered to the dealer or something else?
8F599700-F97D-433E-A878-169AA8B73F90.jpeg

I pray that these are all little things and I can go on happy with this purchase. If they’re bigger things…it’ll be a huge pain.

Edit to add:
Found another issue: driver’s side high beams don’t work!
8CF59213-8593-46E9-8A91-0DCE3A7891AE.jpeg

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow - miserable initial quality for a new vehicle.

I always wonder what problems lie unseen, when the factory produces a vehicle with so many visible defects?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I concur with @99WhiteC5Coupe, that's downright terrible.

I'm incredibly **** with my vehicles, and those kinds of "fit and finish" items would really ruin my time with a vehicle. Not to mention, as you said, what lies beneath if those are on the surface.

As for your B&O speaker cover. within 5k of buying mine, the defroster vent cover near the windshield were warping. Ford agreed to fix them as this is a very well-known thing, even F150's have the same issue. But it involved replacing the entire dash cover, so $3K with parts and labor. Worst part is, it took 8 weeks to get the first replacement, which was damaged in shipping, so another 8 weeks later and finally got a replacement. hopefully in your case, it's just the speaker grille and that's an easy replacement.

But the leather, that looks like a crappy aftermarket leather seat cover, not something brand new from the factory. And the DRL not working? There's always someone in front of the vehicle when these pull off the line, so either it wasn't working then and they cared so little, or something happened between then and delivery, which the dealer should have found before they released it.

And your last post, the wrapping. yes, I freakin had some blue material in those same spots for months, drove me wild. I ended up getting it out with tweezers and a really good exacto blade.

Sorry for your issues, spending this kind of money is supposed to at least give you a fun-high feeling for a while, not a feeling that hits you in the gut.

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
Yea, I’m emailing the pictures and calling the dealer now. The driver high beams don’t work. How absurd.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Request that a regional Ford rep come to review the vehicle.
Do not take no for an answer.
Something is not right here, it would not have left the factory like that, possibly something happened in transit, or at the dealership, but it happened just he same and you should not be happy with what they delivered to you.

Bill

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
That blue tape (over the counter-Home Depo type painters tape) and is not something the factory used, nor would it have come from the factory on your vehicle.
It’s hard to tell but it’s not painter’s tape. It’s actually a translucent blue piece of plastic. Once I get home I can try to remove with tweezers.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are much more calm than I would be having spent that kind of money on a brand new vehicle to have it delivered like that.

OP
OP
R

rbelltx

Reaction score
You are much more calm than I would be having spent that kind of money on a brand new vehicle to have it delivered like that.
Well, unfortunately they delivered while I was still removing aftermarket stuff from the Raptor and I didn’t have time to try everything. My wife went around looking for scratches (and she’s meticulous) but saw nothing other than bug guts.

If they try to argue any of these things, this is going straight up the chain. I’ll drive to the factory if I have to. Haha

JakeInTexas

Reaction score
grill.jpgdash.jpgtruck2.jpgtruckl.jpg

That stinks. I just hit 10,500 miles on mine Timberline. Just curious what your build date is? Mine is 5/22. That DRL is unfortunate and needs to be addressed. The seats, from what I can tell, shouldn't be a big deal. Mine look the same and I feel like they are already getting softer and working out. BO center speaker is a thing. The left over blue tape is another thing. The subwoofer panel rattles too much; sure i can shove a piece of cardboard or something in there but we shouldn't have to. Thanks to you, I went out side and checked my grill just now; its off on the passenger side. That's just great. The one that gets me: dash right above the steering wheel. It wont click in with out a new one or gluing or something stupid. What a shame. But... I'm enjoying the throttle and Drive everyday!

Another issue: Ambient Floor light. I found this option on a screen around 4k miles. I like to see my pedals and feet at night and turned the brightness up. It was great. Then weeks later, like overnight, I think it did a over the air update, took that option away, and now I don't have floor lights at night. They come on at night when you open the doors yes, but don't stay on while driving like I set it up. And now the option isn't even there.