Timberline Sway Bar Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not happy with the body lean of my ‘22 Timberline - are the factory sway bars the same as the base models and what is current best alternative? Hellwig with some poly-urethane bushings?

OP
OP
E

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just noticed Hellwig does not list fitment for a ‘22 Expedition……….I sent them an inquiry - dont know if they are the same as ‘21?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You bought the offroad focused Expedition, and you are upset it has body lean? You do realize upgrading to stiffer sway bars will negatively affect the off road performance right?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You bought the offroad focused Expedition, and you are upset it has body lean? You do realize upgrading to stiffer sway bars will negatively affect the off road performance right?
exactly my thoughts. This is the reason they never offered these years prior...

OP
OP
E

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I totally agree - it really should have coilovers and sway bar disconnects - but seriously, when we are talking about off road I have a modified Jeep Rubicon and a Raptor so I‘m putting this in perspective. I run this more on road than either of my others so if I can improve upon its on road leaning it would make me happy.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I totally agree - it really should have coilovers and sway bar disconnects - but seriously, when we are talking about off road I have a modified Jeep Rubicon and a Raptor so I‘m putting this in perspective. I run this more on road than either of my others so if I can improve upon its on road leaning it would make me happy.
Get it. So hindsight 20/20, the Timberline wasn't the right choice. In that case Hellwig is your best choice.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In your opinion what would have been better for my needs? I wanted the HO 3.5.
If you weren't going off road, the SPP(Stealth Performance Pack) would have given you the HO, in a road/slightly more performance based option.

If they made the Timberline in a MAX, honestly, I would already have one on order.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni