Tire suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UTEngineer

Reaction score
what is this old vehicle? this should be posted in the historical section!!!!

2017 with only 17,000 miles ... original owner ... got it for $20k under MSRP ... paid for in cash ... think about that next time you make your monthly payment on your “new” Expedition and your “modular” home. (i.e. nobody likes a troll posting negative comments on other people’s threads, get a life)

OP
OP
E

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL, i was just kidding. I actually thought you were a blast from our past, your ride looks similar to J Ski. And you know some people pay cash for brand new vehicles!! ;);)

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL, i was just kidding. I actually thought you were a blast from our past, your ride looks similar to J Ski. And you know some people pay cash for brand new vehicles!! ;);)

I only have a monthly payment because I got 0% for 72 months. I would prefer I get the interest on that money in the bank. ;)

Oh... and no mortgage, too. Double ;)

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last fall I switched to Continental Terrain Contact A/T’s. I was looking a Michelin, but none matched the required load range listed for Ford even though they support 22” wheels for GM but at a lower load range.

10K Miles and they still look new. They are firmer than the Handkook tires. They do well in rain and snow too.

04A45964-A9E6-4422-9E42-45ACA5022898.jpeg

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just put on some 275/55R20 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT (in load range "E"). I was gunning for the Yokohama G015, because the tread seemed more amenable to on-road use, but Discount Tire doesn't keep them in stock and I wanted something easily serviceable if needed. I was concerned about the ride quality and noise, but at 45 psi the ride quality is close to the Hankooks I ran at 40 psi. Acceleration and mpg have taken a small hit, but so far I'm satisfied.

I wanted an AT in "E" rating because my daughter is attending school in snow country, and I tow frequently in spring and summer.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will be moving to Nitto Ridge Grapplers later this winter. This will be in conjunction with the installation of a ReadyLift 3/2 kit and new wheels (TBD). New size tire will be LT285/70 R18s.

upload_2020-11-2_14-28-53.png

liopleurodon

Reaction score
I can't stand the Hankook's on mine (I have the 20" wheels with Hankook AT-M tires). They're insanely loud on the highway. They're getting replaced with Michelin Defender LTXs and possibly replacing the rim with an 18" as well.