tow hooks on 2wd 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armorman

Reaction score
being a 2wd, my truck did not come with front tow hooks. i found some off a 4wd for cheap. went to install and realized it has a boxed frame in the front where the holes are for the hooks. has anyone had this issue? if so, how did you get them mounted.

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed the factory tow hooks on my 98 XLT 2WD. As I recall they have a steel plate that fits inside the frame with the nuts integrated on the plate for the tow hook bolts to fasten to. I believe I had to drill holes also for the bolts to go through the frame as none were existing on mine.. I went to the pull apart and got the hooks, plates and hardware and also the measurements of how far back to put the holes.

Last edited:

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
being a 2wd, my truck did not come with front tow hooks. i found some off a 4wd for cheap. went to install and realized it has a boxed frame in the front where the holes are for the hooks. has anyone had this issue? if so, how did you get them mounted.

Sorry for the crappy picture but it's the best I had. This is what folks are talking about. If you look at the inside of the frame end you can see the nut plate. The picture shows the front bolt coming up from the bottom and screwing into the front nut. I actually don't remember if they're actual nuts or if they were tapped extrusions but you can kinda see how the bolts get secured.

Closeup 01.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker