23 xlt without HD Tow; adding controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iracmcc

Reaction score
I could use some guidance; I am wanting to add a Ford trailer brake controller. So i just spent 2 trips to dealership after they told me they could add a Ford brake controller. They looked at my as built parts and said the controller is there, (i'm no convinced)

I had the coin holder where controller should go. so i bought controller and the wiring harness. the one with the pro back up assist as well.

we installed this past Friday and got into Forscan and nothing would work. Tech went and took a pic of the "as built" from a new expedition on lot and they tried those parameters on mine. Long story short it didn't work. Tyically if you hit the gain or switch the screen should say something about . "no trailer connected"

nothing happens and i'm 300 dollars deep in parts. I saw another forum where some guys did it. i just need more guidance. What am I missing? cause the dealership doesn't know.