Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why is this a debate? The OP vehicle code shows a 3:15 rear end all Expeditions with that axle are not heavy tow package equipped. Regardless of whats on the dash or bolted to the bumper its a 6000lb max rated SUV.

Ford was really inconsistent in the dash layout and not super obvious as to which Expeditions had the heavy tow pack 3:73 rear end. I found many Dealers were by design not helpful given lots of people bought Expeditions thinking they were getting a heavy tow pack when they weren’t.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which case given the 6000lb max tow capacity you want to look at trailers in the 3000-4500lb dry weight. The 4500lb dry weight will put you at max or over max if your hauling 2+ people and full tanks.

Which means that realistically the trailers that fall into your tow vehicle capability are the 21-24ft trailers or smaller.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The knob was the easiest way for me to look at online vehicles for sale, or locked vehicles on the dealers lots after hours. Its just quick and easy to look quick.

This is what I was getting at, if there is not brake controller, or back up assist, you don't have the HD tow. Just another quick way to make an assessment. I did a lot of internet searching too and it was easy to know if it was worth going to look at.