TPMS Module Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To get rid of the lights and text.
This would work except the problem is not the TPMS sensors. He said "I believe there is an issue with the actual module that reads the sensors". Would be a good test though, but not a good "fix" as it defeats a safety alert.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Putting tpms sensors in a tube seems like a wasted effort. If you have functional sensors why on earth would you not just have them put on the wheels where they belong?

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Putting tpms sensors in a tube seems like a wasted effort. If you have functional sensors why on earth would you not just have them put on the wheels where they belong?
Because my winter wheels have no sensors and this was easier than breaking them down and putting them in plus I would have to reprogram them twice a year. This was a one time thing, plus if these go dead they will be easier to replace. I have no use for a light to tell me about a tire and I check them once a month anyway. Now I have to worry about 4 going dead instead of 8 but they are easy to replace, I can program them myself, and no taking them to a tire shop.

Last edited:

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I check my tires every 8-10 days as I fill up the tank yet having tpms is a nice feature for while you're on the road. A leak could go from relatively unnoticeable to affecting handling pretty easily, having that extra warning is worth it imo. I've been in a car with a friend several years ago who had such a failure and it wasn't equipped w tpms. He didn't realize he was unconsciously correcting a worsening pull as it took place over several minutes until he let go of the wheel for moment and the car veered over a half lane before he realized what happened.

Is it possible to just program out the tpms system via forescan or set it to 0 or equivalent if the goal is just to render it useless anyway?

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Because my winter wheels have no sensors and this was easier than breaking them down and putting them in plus I would have to reprogram them twice a year. This was a one time thing, plus if these go dead they will be easier to replace. I have no use for a light to tell me about a tire and I check them once a month anyway. Now I have to worry about 4 going dead instead of 8 but they are easy to replace, I can program them myself, and no taking them to a tire shop.
So a couple of years ago I watched a guy going down the interstate with a low back tire. Probably didn't bother his handling as he was going straight, fast and it was the rear wheel. It only took a few miles before he blew his tire. Maybe he checked before he left home, maybe he didn't. But a working TPMS probably would have helped him that day. Don't defeat safety measures, they are their for a reason.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So a couple of years ago I watched a guy going down the interstate with a low back tire. Probably didn't bother his handling as he was going straight, fast and it was the rear wheel. It only took a few miles before he blew his tire. Maybe he checked before he left home, maybe he didn't. But a working TPMS probably would have helped him that day. Don't defeat safety measures, they are their for a reason.
They went 100 +- years without them and I hate them like many other people do. Yes and the reason is because lazy people never check their tires.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This was common(ish) thinking around 2005 or so. TPMS was new tech and you'd get techno-averse types complaining about the vehicle monitoring too much while also complaining about the little yellow light that showed up on the dashboard after they removed the sensors.

Some people fear change and will put way more effort into doing the wrong thing rather than simply doing things properly. :shrug:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This was common(ish) thinking around 2005 or so. TPMS was new tech and you'd get techno-averse types complaining about the vehicle monitoring too much while also complaining about the little yellow light that showed up on the dashboard after they removed the sensors.

Some people fear change and will put way more effort into doing the wrong thing rather than simply doing things properly. :shrug:
It's actually less effort and read post 35 again.:shrug: