TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dark Z

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone have bought any aftermarket TPMS for the new expedition? I believe these are 315 hz in order for it to work? Our local shops are charging roughly 230USD for 4 sensors, that is insane...help a brother out to save a few bucks if you can. lol

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
RockAuto has them from $33 to $47 apiece. Do you actually need the sensor or just the service kit?

OP
OP
Dark Z

Dark Z

Reaction score
I'm putting together a new wheel setup, so I would need a new set of sensors. Will keep the old wheels for summer use.

Randy_270

Reaction score
I got a deal on mine because I bought them with the tires but mine were bought from a Ford dealership so they're oem. I only paid around $260 Canadian with the purchase of tires (about $200USD). I'd also suggest checking rockauto.

OP
OP
Dark Z

Dark Z

Reaction score
I got a deal on mine because I bought them with the tires but mine were bought from a Ford dealership so they're oem. I only paid around $260 Canadian with the purchase of tires (about $200USD). I'd also suggest checking rockauto.
I did have a look on rockauto, considering they are shipping from the states, timing and cost almost the same. I might as well just get the sensors locally so they can program it on the spot. We always pay a higher cost in Canada, lol

VTExpedition

Reaction score
TireRack, $108USD for 4, yes they are 315MHZ.
Also purchased the Ford TPMS programming tool for $40. Not absolutely needed but makes switching wheels and setting computer up a bit faster vs manual method. There is mixed info on the web about how to get the 18’ Expy into learn mode for TPMS, correct answer is hazard button 2x when car is in acc on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dark Z

Dark Z

Reaction score
TireRack, $108USD for 4, yes they are 315MHZ.
Also purchased the Ford TPMS programming tool for $40. Not absolutely needed but makes switching wheels and setting computer up a bit faster vs manual method. There is mixed info on the web about how to get the 18’ Expy into learn mode for TPMS, correct answer is hazard button 2x when car is in acc on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$40 is not bad at all considering I need to switch wheels between the seasons, I just found out today the car can only handle 4 sensors at a time, which means I have to get it reprogramed everytime I change the damn wheels.

Toby McElravey

Reaction score
Just bought 4 these from Amazon for $106 and had them installed by Costco. Saved a bundle.

Genuine Ford 9L3Z-1A189-A TPMS Sensor Kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

poppie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While on the subject of TPM'S check this link out below,this might explain why the TPM was going off "intermittently" last winter in my 2007 Expy and I thought the battery's were going dead due to age but so far this winter has not gone off yet a year later with the same battery's when I came across this article, Troublesome Ford Tire Pressure Monitor Faults Tip, It Might not always be the TPM battery's in the tire sensors even though with the age in mine it could be understandable , it could also be an "EL-CHEEPO" after market cell phone charger messing with the signals as explained here, https://youtu.be/YMevsqjSEIQ

poppie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's more on this subject dealing with programing the system yourself,How To Train Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors,SO many years and models of Ford vehicles AND they are not all the same, Watch this to the end, it might help some of you folks, .