Traded my 2017 Tahoe Premier for 2019 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dj2big

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We made the same trade almost a year ago. Traded our ‘17 Premier Tahoe for a ‘19 Platinum Expedition. No regrets, other then we miss the rear DVD system in the Tahoe. I was looking forward to a rear dvd system that let me use the rear view mirror, but the Ford system absolutely sucks with little kids. The space and driving characteristics are way better in the Expedition, even my wife has grown to like it. The Tahoe/Yukons are sharp looking tho!

We don’t miss the rear DVD
iPad works great Netflix Comcast stream and Amazon and they carry it

I was gonna get the platinum but I plan on running this thing till the wheels fall off I drive 25k miles a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mothnuts

Reaction score
We don’t miss the rear DVD
iPad works great Netflix Comcast stream and Amazon and they carry it

I was gonna get the platinum but I plan on running this thing till the wheels fall off I drive 25k miles a year

Yeah, we’ll be doing iPads on the next one as well. We liked the Limited (my wife preferred the gray interior), but I have a Platinum pickup and I wanted them the same trim level. ‍♂️

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bet your loving the vast room and ride comfort increase btw the two.

yeah the max or the suburban have way more room than the short wheel base models. Suburban having much more room behind 3rd row than the max.

OP
OP
dj2big

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, we’ll be doing iPads on the next one as well. We liked the Limited (my wife preferred the gray interior), but I have a Platinum pickup and I wanted them the same trim level. ‍[emoji3603]

We test drove the Limited skipped the platinum test drive Navi L between Limited and XLT not worth the extra $10k by the time you get to the platinum you might as well but the Navi the Navi blows away the Cadillac Escalade I was tempted to buy it it’s would have been an amazing deal but my wife was not comfortable in it unfortunately Lincoln did not have any special programs so I decided on the XLT picked it up 20% off MSRP :)

IMG_3411.JPG

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah the max or the suburban have way more room than the short wheel base models. Suburban having much more room behind 3rd row than the max.
That's because the suburban stole leg room from the third row to give to the storage area. That's why only kids and midgets are happy in the third row on the GM SUVs.
(and this is coming from a lifelong GM guy)

OP
OP
dj2big

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We are loving the space in the expedition the engine in the tahoe sounds better I did pickup 150k premiumcare 6 years I average a like more than 25k mikes a year turnos worry me

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We are loving the space in the expedition the engine in the tahoe sounds better I did pickup 150k premiumcare 6 years I average a like more than 25k mikes a year turnos worry me

The 5.3L in the Tahoe is gutless. Unless you pony up for the 6.2L, this Ecoboost will waste it in a hurry no matter how good it sounds!

OP
OP
dj2big

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 5.3L in the Tahoe is gutless. Unless you pony up for the 6.2L, this Ecoboost will waste it in a hurry no matter how good it sounds!

I understand but I was talking about the extended warranty planning on keeping it for at least 150k miles