Trailer Fault - 2020 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhesse77

Reaction score
I have 2020 Expedition King Ranch with the heave duty tow package. I'm getting a left blinker trailer fault when connect to two different trailers through the 7pin connection. Hazards work, right blinker works, running lights work, reverse lights work, left blinker does NOT work. Checked the voltage coming out of the truck side connection and it looks good. Any one know what fuse controls the lights? I checked all the fuses and they look good but might be worth replacing the fuse anyway, but the manual isn't clear on what fuse controls trailer blinkers. Anything else I should look at?

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Jhesse77 welcome to the forum!
Maybe I'm missing something, but why do you think it is your Expedition with the problem and not the trailers left blinker?

OP
OP
J

Jhesse77

Reaction score
Because the problem presents itself when pull my boat and when I pull my travel trailer. I supposed it could be both trailers with the same issue, but seems like that would low probably. Both trailers had the issue when they were purchased brand new.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because the problem presents itself when pull my boat and when I pull my travel trailer. I supposed it could be both trailers with the same issue, but seems like that would low probably. Both trailers had the issue when they were purchased brand new.
Tester from Amazon that test your truck wiring and trailer wiring. Under $20 (even cheaper right now with coupon)

https://www.amazon.com/Aramox-Wirin...13-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1
I am not affiliated with Amazon nor the tester. I do have the tester and wouldn't tow without it.

Welcome to the forum

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tester from Amazon that test your truck wiring and trailer wiring. Under $20 (even cheaper right now with coupon)

https://www.amazon.com/Aramox-Wiring-Tester-Trailer-Connector/dp/B08FDPHYWT/ref=sr_1_13_sspa?crid=1UOU2QUQZTBW7&keywords=trailer+light+tester+7+round+pin&qid=1690650635&sprefix=trailer+light+tester,aps,225&sr=8-13-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1
I am not affiliated with Amazon nor the tester. I do have the tester and wouldn't tow without it.

Welcome to the forum
That is very interesting. The item depicted has round pins as opposed to the flat blades which is what would be needed. Do they make a flat blade version or would adapters on each end be required?

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm somewhat confused. I don't see how the pictured adapters pins in the Amazon link above (either male or female) fit into any of my vehicles 7 pin round receivers or my trailer plug.

Trailer Receptacle.jpg

Trailer Plug.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire