Trailer Fault - 2020 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
My tester only tests the truck. Does yours test the trailer? Never needed to test the trailer myself 'cuz the lights are easy to see and the brakes can be tested with the break-away switch but a combination tester like the European version linked previous would be handy.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
J

Jhesse77

Reaction score
Well my issue is resolved. Turns out it WAS my boat trailer. The left light had the wires reversed when the install was done. I noticed that the left break light was not as bright as bright as the right break light different trucks plugged in. Fix was super easy.

That also means the issue I was observing with my travel trailer is a separate issue, I think that was resolved when I bet the contact a little to ensure proper contact while connect. The travel trailer would cut out intermittently which makes sense that it was a contact issue.

Thank you all for the input.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see now, will see if I can find what you are looking for

I'm somewhat confused. I don't see how the pictured adapters pins in the Amazon link above (either male or female) fit into any of my vehicles 7 pin round receivers or my trailer plug.
Still looking and now see your dilemma.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire