Trailer Sway Control (TSC) "fighting" Andersen WDH?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver-Bullet-Bus

Reaction score
2018 Expy Max Plat, Max Tow Pkg.

We tow 7,500# loaded, 900#tw, 35' TT, Ohio to FL & everywhere in between

I have never had the Ford TS System activate for trailer sway--not one time, and it's not off either.
I certainly would not turn it off.

We have been in some 40 mph nasty crosswinds, too, more times than I care to mention.
Just had to slow down a littl, but normally run around 65 with zero issue.

Really glad we got a Hensley Hitch to start out, because I would never in a million years tow much of anything with this platform, without a Hensley hitch.

Suspension mods: sumo-coils in all 4, because CCD system, cannot upgrade shocks, as of I know (yet)

My family is worth too much.

The blow-by is very, very predictable with this hitch.

Slight suck-in to the left as the trucks come up on your left rear, and a slight push away, as the trucks pass.

...but never, ever, one incident of fishy-tail, trailer sway.

It's just impossible, because of the physics of the design, and the fact that your ball is locked out, your tt is not rotating on the hitch ball, anymore.

No, I do not work for Hensley, and I paid full price for mine.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:

mefly2

Reaction score
We upgraded to KO2 tires all around for the stiffer sidewall when towing or off road. Watch tire pressures in both the TV and trailer ... softer pressures promote squishy / sway issues. Another inexpensive suggestion is buying a tongue weight scale - Sherline works well for us - to keep your trailer loaded to balance 10 but not more than 15 percent of trailer gross on the tongue. We are near max for cargo capacity on our std length 2020 Exp and have now bought a SD for heavily loaded trips.
Our previous TV was a 2014 Yukon SLT w/0 tow package ... fine in nice weather but horrible in inclement weather. Our Exp is great all around but the third German Shepherd puts us close to max. We use an Equalizer wdh hitch mostly for sway control on a 25' tandem axle trailer.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why are you using a WDH with an R-Pod? No need. Well, I guess it depends on what model.

With this setup my tongue weight is just under 600 pounds (estimated to be around 550-560). As you can see, there is literally no squat. I only use a Curt friction sway bar. Travel all up and down the Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia (DELMARVA) area and have never had any issues, even with heavy coastal winds along Route 1. I usually keep things between 55-65 depending on speed limit and weather conditions.

IMG_1210.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65