Trying not to lose temper at dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Time to move on. You had work done at the dealership. Your seatbelt pad was noticed missing days afterward. Anyone could have taken the pad. Dealership might have replaced a vehicle part but not aftermarket stuff that was not immediately complained about.

If you are limited to the dealer, do so and forget this but check vehicle closer next time. If not go to another dealer. Whichever you do the dealer is not going to buy your wife another pad so move on.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Something to think about, Every time you drop you car at a dealer at least 3 people, can drive your car. The service advisor, lot boy and service tech. The vehicle can be moved numerous times. All it takes one of them, having a bad day. They treat your 50K SUV, as just another car, not your 2nd biggest purchase. Mechanics are lazy. They don't wash up between jobs. They may of got grease on your seat belt cover and just tossed it. I was at a dealer once and a customer was complaining his spare tire was missing. They told him, not there problem. You park at your own risk.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm betting dollars to donuts, if you nicely approach the service manager and explain what happened, he/she will probably replace it for you. Hell, I'm betting one of the techs spotted it in there lot, and wondered whose it was. At the very least, maybe they'll offer you a new one at their cost. It's worth a shot.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I check my 3 skid plate access panels before and after service.
I had one gone once but can’t say if it was them or not because I did not look before.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've read the posts for the OP for quite a while and he does not strike me as someone who would fly off the handle so table maybe the discussion on mental stability.

"Anger ONLY happens in Humans when they are afraid of or for something" This was taught to me many, many years ago...and I believe it to be true. Feel someone stole something and we feel anger because we feel hurt that someone wronged us, all based in fear.

Me thinks that "Dealers" do not steal....EVER.

WE chose to give them things, usually money but possibly a pad of some sort in this instance but they do not steal.

Get that paradigm and you're one step closer to understanding life.

Life happens....and we chose to play in it....can a dealer screw you? No, you are giving it to him, leave your weed, camera or pad in the truck when in for service, you are giving them those things. We all know the rules, play by them & spend wealth when you haven't.

The "dealer" cannot anger you, (and although I'm not a gambling guy at all, I'd bet $100 bucks that every one of us has felt that they did). The truth though is WE dictate our reactions in life to the bumps that come along. We have all heard this stuff for years.....yet people forget....I forget too, (I'm pretty sure Heaven is going to be a Charitable decision by God if I'm lucky<LOL>) no different......but if you can keep in the right mindset, this stuff won't bother you...especially when a few $$ can resolve it.

Hell guys, I just lost my fob 600 miles from home and didn't get twisted because I decided not to......we made it an adventure but it wasn't going to be solved by anger.

My friend, I hope you find resolution....you prob like the dealer and now you have mixed emotions....no one wants to go back to where they think someone may have taken something.....and look like a lamb for slaughter....all fear based.

You seem like a good guy...you'll get past this......

Jeff

igneous

Reaction score
Dealers hammer service mgr's to get a minimum of $500 from each car that come in, so if they're low on the quota of this amount they may 'adjust' a few things that don't need adjusting.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I've read the posts for the OP for quite a while and he does not strike me as someone who would fly off the handle so table maybe the discussion on mental stability.

"Anger ONLY happens in Humans when they are afraid of or for something" This was taught to me many, many years ago...and I believe it to be true. Feel someone stole something and we feel anger because we feel hurt that someone wronged us, all based in fear.

Me thinks that "Dealers" do not steal....EVER.

WE chose to give them things, usually money but possibly a pad of some sort in this instance but they do not steal.

Get that paradigm and you're one step closer to understanding life.

Life happens....and we chose to play in it....can a dealer screw you? No, you are giving it to him, leave your weed, camera or pad in the truck when in for service, you are giving them those things. We all know the rules, play by them & spend wealth when you haven't.

The "dealer" cannot anger you, (and although I'm not a gambling guy at all, I'd bet $100 bucks that every one of us has felt that they did). The truth though is WE dictate our reactions in life to the bumps that come along. We have all heard this stuff for years.....yet people forget....I forget too, (I'm pretty sure Heaven is going to be a Charitable decision by God if I'm lucky<LOL>) no different......but if you can keep in the right mindset, this stuff won't bother you...especially when a few $$ can resolve it.

Hell guys, I just lost my fob 600 miles from home and didn't get twisted because I decided not to......we made it an adventure but it wasn't going to be solved by anger.

My friend, I hope you find resolution....you prob like the dealer and now you have mixed emotions....no one wants to go back to where they think someone may have taken something.....and look like a lamb for slaughter....all fear based.

You seem like a good guy...you'll get past this......

Jeff
I heard people that hold in there anger and never express it, die young from heart problems.