Trying not to lose temper at dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently took my 2016 in for an oil change. Next time my wife rides in the Expedition she notices her seat belt protector/pad is missing.

She doesn’t ride in it every day so wasn’t noticed immediately.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
This is something that would cause you to lose your temper...? How about relaxing for minute and talking to the service manager like a rational person first?

OP
OP
Dorzak

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is something that would cause you to lose your temper...? How about relaxing for minute and talking to the service manager like a rational person first?
If you can’t trust them with little things why trust them with big things?

I should add the dealer is using their not responsible for personal belongings or aftermarket items installed by customer clause.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently took my 2016 in for an oil change. Next time my wife rides in the Expedition she notices her seat belt protector/pad is missing.

She doesn’t ride in it every day so wasn’t noticed immediately.

Too many variables - but how do you KNOW that the dealership took the pad or moved it - especially since it was on the passenger side?

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
If you can’t trust them with little things why trust them with big things?

I should add the dealer is using their not responsible for personal belongings or aftermarket items installed by customer clause.
I highly doubt anyone at the dealership stole your wife's seatbelt protector... I refer you back to my original response.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Days after borrowing my dads car as a kid, he'd notice 1/16 of rubber missing from the tires. And "damn near a quarter tank of gas used up!". Because I'm a teen, just had to be up to no good, right? Even today he calls when a tool is missing from the toolbox, because I must have used it sometime in the late 90's.

Just wait till you see that tiny scratch or shopping cart ding that has been there for weeks/months, but you didn't notice until after somebody else, ie: the dreaded service department, drove it. Had to be them!

My dealer takes about 12 pictures of the vehicle with their iPad as they type the service details into it. Too many complimentary dent repairs given out evidently.

Its called hypersensitivity or guilty by association syndrome. And since this will surely be another shit thread, what weight oil did you use, did you get the super dooper anti drainback filter with varnish and sludge protection, and why the hell let the dealer change it? Don't you know they are WalMart rejects? If you pound on your chest as you say this, AND exaggerate a previous exaggeration we've all heard 72,000 times, it'll make all the difference.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have dropped items or they have slid off the seat in my Expedition, only to later find them under the seat or inside the door map pocket (and not visible because the item was thin or small).

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Maybe not lose temper (at least not completely) but get highly annoyed and agitated.
I'm with Dorzak all the way.
I'm tired of idiots, slackers, crooks, *****, ******, morons, idiots, idiots, idiots (lots of them in the is world now).
I don't get ANY services done anywhere and I don't think I can ever. If I do it will be rough.
IF----I had a great deal and price on something from someone I would be ok with not 100% end result and some hassle but I AM NOT accepting the world like most are and paying absolute top dollar (which almost every retail service is) and only getting sub par results or service or satisfaction.
The majority of people have accepted the prices as NOT A RIP OFF since they are the "going rate" and they have become so used to 80% or so being the result that they have accepted it as the norm and OK.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Maybe not lose temper (at least not completely) but get highly annoyed and agitated.
I'm with Dorzak all the way.
I'm tired of idiots, slackers, crooks, *****, ******, morons, idiots, idiots, idiots (lots of them in the is world now).
I don't get ANY services done anywhere and I don't think I can ever. If I do it will be rough.
IF----I had a great deal and price on something from someone I would be ok with not 100% end result and some hassle but I AM NOT accepting the world like most are and paying absolute top dollar (which almost every retail service is) and only getting sub par results or service or satisfaction.
The majority of people have accepted the prices as NOT A RIP OFF since they are the "going rate" and they have become so used to 80% or so being the result that they have accepted it as the norm and OK.
You missed my point. He jumped to conclusions that someone took his wife's seatbelt protector. My point was that it could have been an accident or who knows what. Just saying relax until it's time to get pissed off. Then...

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
We all get pissed off when stupid stuff goes wrong, or when stupid people do things we wouldn't do. And depending on how our day or life is going, we can get really disproportionately crazy about things. Yeah, it sucks when it seems you can't even contract the most mundane work without it getting screwed up. And that's why many of us do the work ourselves. The grief we endure when we screw up our own stuff is better than the anger when someone else screws up our stuff.