Underbody Neon kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is a Suzuki M109R as in 109 cubic inches of torquey badass cruiser (117 hp and 117 lb ft of tourque to the wheel). It ran 11.4 in the 1/4 so there is pretty much no other cruiser (except a Triumph Rocket 3) that can touch it. I ran against a CBR600rr, Vrod, GSXR-750 and I would dust them all until the crotch rockets would build speed after 100 mph.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea i have a hayabusa and it was fun then my daughter was born and it wasnt the same. But LEDs would be the way to go.

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had a few bikes, but every time I want to get back on one, I look at my leg and see the big ass scar from when I shattered my tibia...

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HAHAHA, Yea I have a 01' GSXR 600 frame with a fully built 1k motor and she surprises everone at bike nights. It even still has the 600 stickers, and its fun to hear the guys on 600RR's and R6's talk shit until I blow by them like they are sitting still, lol. Its -2 up front, lowered 3-1/2, full akerpovic exhaust, PCM3, oh and a nice lil 35 shot. lol, Even other 1k's are scared of it. But anyway, go with LED, neon will break if you hit a bump hard enough and if one of the lights gets cracked, you cannot fix it. However the LED's will be alot brighter, last longer and please for the love of god, hide them to where you cannot see the damn bulb. I hate seeing these little kids with civics and preludes that just take the bulbs and screw them right to the under side of the rocker panels. lol. But I'm sure your not that dumb. And putting a bulb in the grill would be sick! had it done on my Ram and it looks really good at night. One other thing, Prices on stuff are high for a reason, you get what you pay for. You buy cheap crap, thats what your going to have, cheap crap when it comes to lighting and such.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HAHAHA, Yea I have a 01' GSXR 600 frame with a fully built 1k motor and she surprises everone at bike nights. It even still has the 600 stickers, and its fun to hear the guys on 600RR's and R6's talk shit until I blow by them like they are sitting still, lol. Its -2 up front, lowered 3-1/2, full akerpovic exhaust, PCM3, oh and a nice lil 35 shot. lol, Even other 1k's are scared of it.

Do you ride in the twisties with it lowered like that? Or is this purely a cruise/quarter mile bike?

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the adjustable lowering links. Its adjustable from stock height to 1-1/2" and 3-1/2". But I actually enjoy going to track days at Jennings GP and Barber Motorports Park more than I do going to a drag strip. But sometimes I wish I had just left the 600 in it. It handled waaaayyy better in the corners, but I got tired of people talking shit about my lil 01' with its 98hp. Sooooo, I found me a wrecked 05' 1k, bought the motor for $500, completely built it from the bottom end, head ported and polished, and I made 167hp to the wheels on pump gas and a street tune. The 600 frame and 1k frame in 00-03 were exactly the same except for the engine mount locations, the gas tank, and a few little other parts and pieces. But with the help of my dad's CNC machine, we made some motor mounts that used the stock 600 mounting location, and threw the motor and wiring harness in, and there she was. My 01' 1k is about 25lbs lighter than the newer 1k's, and if you know anything about a motorcycle, 25lbs is HUGE when your talking HP to LB ratio. So, its really fun to go out and play with on the quarter mile and saturday nights messing with vettes and stuff, but I really prefer to drag some knees at the track. Im going to try to get me a 05-06 Kawi 636 to go play at Deals Gap with.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know power to weight is important, my nearly 700 lb Kawasaki Concours 14 (think ZX-14 with bags) will run low 10's in the 1/4, which is pretty fast for a sport touring bike. I have PCV, pulled the secondary flies, K&N and uncorked the exhaust. It is putting 150 hp and 98 lb ft of torque to the wheel. I didn't buy it to break any speed records but this bike will stomp nearly anything besides a liter bike and I don't have to go to the chiropractor after a 1000 mile day of riding.

I rode the BRP last year and I will be riding the dragon this year.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you do it, I guess just don't get caught driving with them on... I just talked to a Va. State Trooper that was in my lobby and he said that they're illegal in the state of Virginia because "those neon lights, they obscure road markings to other motorists." Just a friendly heads up!

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you do it, I guess just don't get caught driving with them on... I just talked to a Va. State Trooper that was in my lobby and he said that they're illegal in the state of Virginia because "those neon lights, they obscure road markings to other motorists." Just a friendly heads up!

Virginia is very strict on their lighting laws. I spent a week there last summer riding the BRP and talked to a highway patrolman who said that they love the chance to generate revenue by writing tickets to guys that are ignorant of the law. He also said that my bike looked great and he personally wouldn't write me a ticket for having LEDs on my bike. But I'm sure he is more of an exception than the rule.

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think some people got nothing better to do than write some bulls*^t law that takes the fun out of everything. I mean I could see like blue and red, but what the hell kind of road marker is green besides a sign?? Ok, maybe a street light, but if someone gets confused wether or not the traffic light was green because the car across from them had green LED's, they dont need to be anywhere near a motorized vehicle. But def watch out when running them on the street. Mine are white and I have gotten pulled over twice now.