Undercoating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JS2295

Reaction score
What do you use for an undercoating on your 4th gen Expedition? I'm about to have Krown sprayed on my very clean 2018 Expedition Max... any concerns/objections?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Known is a good product, just stay away from the rubberized undercoatings that tend to help rather than inhibit rust.

Plati

Reaction score
Agree with MrJE. I have 2 years with Krown on my 2014. First year it dripped a lot for 2 weeks left spots on driveway. This year less. I augment later with Fluid Film in target locations. After the Krown I had to remove the weep plugs from door bottoms and clean out crud to facilitate water drainage. I also had to wipe down Krown drainage couple weeks after and clean Expy. Not complaining. It wears off in exposed areas so you need to redo ... Yearly ? That's why I augment with Fluid Film which is way thicker.

Last edited:

Backinblack

Reaction score
I went with RustKote just on the bottom, the rest is aluminum. It covered the whole bottom including all the brake lines, wiring, and fittings with no mess in the engine compartment or the exhaust system.
$59.95, dripped for 2 days. I plan to do this annually which will maintain the warranty.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish the closest Krown location was not 5 hours away.
I’ll do Fluidfilm at home myself since I don’t feel like a 10 hour drive for the Krowb.

Classic Hauler

Reaction score
I am looking to Undercoat my 2019 exhibition Max and the local car dealer does it with a product that is a ATF base is that the Krown or is it something else. I will clean up the frame and then let them do the spraying. Also does anybody know why for leaves the driveshaft bare untreated steel and can I just paint it. I don.t want it to turn into a rusty mess. Will painting it throw of the balance of the driveshaft.