unlock problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

007tats

Reaction score
I have a 98 XLT 4X4 the locks will lock but will not unlock I hear them clicking but they don;t pop up HELP ????????????? :confused:

Attachments

• copy of 423224232.201230913.im1.02.565x421_a.562x421[1].jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 395

cappy

Reaction score
Will it unlock with the Key?

Wait that was a stupid question. . . The servo may not be connecting with the latch, open the door and tke a look at it, My PS Rear did that the servo was loose (I made Ford fix it since it was under Warranty)

MadMax

Reaction score
Originally posted by 007tats
I have a 98 XLT 4X4 the locks will lock but will not unlock I hear them clicking but they don;t pop up HELP ????????????? :confused:

i have the same problem too: look under your car, in the middle is a small-4-step motor, wich shifts the 4x4A,hi and low, take it out, clear all parts from dirt insinde and place it again, so it should be done...sorry about my bad english, but i don't know the english words for car technics, if you need a pic where too look for it, just tell me.
ooops...thought your 4x4 locks in,but not out sorry
regards

MM

Last edited:

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like your lock motors are frezing up mine do that ever once in a while all i do is press the unlock button a few time since mine still work for the most part but in your case it soundes like you might have to pull the door panels on the doors that aint working and spray with some pb blaster and see if that helpand if not you might have to replace your door lock actuvators