Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Updated yesterday. Have 2018 Limited with 302a. The apps like iHeart, and Disney connect via Bluetooth is nice. Overall look and response is an improvement. Now if we could just get an update to the drivers screen, it is so old and basic.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Updated yesterday. Have 2018 Limited with 302a. The apps like iHeart, and Disney connect via Bluetooth is nice. Overall look and response is an improvement. Now if we could just get an update to the drivers screen, it is so old and basic.

I would expect the digital dash to make it into the Expedition on the next refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As Canadians, we do not get these apps it appears. I don't think there are any listed in my menu except for Sirius Travel link...

Johhn14

Reaction score
Any tips on how to format the USB sticks to Fat32 on a Mac? The steps on Cyan labs are Windows specific.

Disk Utility does not offer Fat32. Must the formatting be done on Windows?

Last edited:

StealthExpWV

Reaction score
Has anyone done that the update in an Expedition with the factory rear entertainment system? I want to make sure that I can still pair the audio with the system. I imagine being Bluetooth that it wouldn't be an issue, but it was already paired from the factory. Also, can you guys confirm that your Sirius XM subscription is not effected? Thanks.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone done that the update in an Expedition with the factory rear entertainment system? I want to make sure that I can still pair the audio with the system. I imagine being Bluetooth that it wouldn't be an issue, but it was already paired from the factory. Also, can you guys confirm that your Sirius XM subscription is not effected? Thanks.

No issues for either!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any tips on how to format the USB sticks to Fat32 on a Mac? The steps on Cyan labs are Windows specific.

Disk Utility does not offer Fat32. Must the formatting be done on Windows?

ExFat should work also.

zoey2015

Reaction score
No issue with the RSE after the 3.4 upgrade here

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Johhn14

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’ll try it soon. Intended to do it yesterday but wanted to double check the USB formatting before going too far!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes