Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johhn14

Reaction score
Last edited:

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe I did....could not load map after 3.4 upgrade. could do latest app version but map install gives me Map_err_003.....

Any idea?

so for now all works except map is "bricked"....

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I did....could not load map after 3.4 upgrade. could do latest app version but map install gives me Map_err_003.....

Any idea?

so for now all works except map is "bricked"....

Reboot 2 times in a row. Did you follow the CyanLabs instructions?

Bricked means it won’t boot at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who’s going to be the first to brick their system? ;)

I know of ZERO who have bricked that did not attempt the Firmware. Everyone I know that did was because of attempting the firmware and not knowing what they were doing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thinking about finally doing the update today, we'll see. Got a pork butt smoking for several more hours and I need something to do.

I've seen references to different themes/colors in 3.4. Is this correct or is the only option the plain white display I've been seeing (unless messing with the APIM to go to the Lincoln version)?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thinking about finally doing the update today, we'll see. Got a pork butt smoking for several more hours and I need something to do.

I've seen references to different themes/colors in 3.4. Is this correct or is the only option the plain white display I've been seeing (unless messing with the APIM to go to the Lincoln version)?

There are 4 texture backgrounds you can choose from with out using Forscan. You can enter maintenance mode to switch Themes and try them. In order for them to stick between startups you need to use FORSCAN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. Keep us in the loop!

19274 Correct? What version of iOS?

Have you rebooted your phone. I have had that happen once or twice since my upgrade(3+ months ago), but it happened periodically before too. If it does, I disconnect my phone, and reboot the phone, no issues for weeks after that and I have CarPlay attached 96% of the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm running an iPhone 6 Plus. I have rebooted the phone a few times. Of course, Apple didn't push the iOS 13 to 6 users. So I am stuck at 12.4.4. I still haven't tried it with the OE lighting Apple cord yet...And yes I'm running 19274.

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question for those of you doing the update, are you doing it while letting the car run, or hooked up to a battery charger, or just in ON without the engine running?