Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So an interesting development for my system over the past few days. When I try to use the iPhone and either Apple Maps or Waze and enter an address to navigate to, my system crashes. It just goes black and unresponsive. I have to disconnect the cord and either do a hard reboot (power plus FF button) or stop the truck, open the door and then restart the truck. Now, I won't curse it yet as it might be my knock off lighting cord that is causing the issue. So I will try it with an OEM apple cord.

But this could be a big PITA if it is the system.

Interesting. Keep us in the loop!

19274 Correct? What version of iOS?

Have you rebooted your phone. I have had that happen once or twice since my upgrade(3+ months ago), but it happened periodically before too. If it does, I disconnect my phone, and reboot the phone, no issues for weeks after that and I have CarPlay attached 96% of the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jking05

Reaction score
Is waze supposed to show up on sync when using bluetooth? I see it on some photos but mine doesnt show up.

zoey2015

Reaction score
Is waze supposed to show up on sync when using bluetooth? I see it on some photos but mine doesnt show up.
WAZE or Google Map doesnt show up on sync3.4 using BT only on my 2018 Expedition either. They only work with the USB cable connection. I have Androis Auto

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
WAZE or Google Map doesnt show up on sync3.4 using BT only on my 2018 Expedition either. They only work with the USB cable connection. I have Androis Auto

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is correct.

Dclr

Reaction score
A slight derailment here but I got an FordPass update saying my maps had an update. After downloading/processing the update I went from maps v1.17 to v1.18. It took about an hour (15 GB update), with the truck running idle in my garage. No idea on any substantial upgrade. I use CarPlay primarily so will let ya'll know

Redstripe19

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got an update notification from FordPass also saying to update SYNC3. I don’t have nav or any maps so I don’t know what it will update

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got an update notification from FordPass also saying to update SYNC3. I don’t have nav or any maps so I don’t know what it will update

The notification in the FordPass app was sent to all FordPass users and doesn’t mean any update is actually available for your vehicle.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A slight derailment here but I got an FordPass update saying my maps had an update. After downloading/processing the update I went from maps v1.17 to v1.18. It took about an hour (15 GB update), with the truck running idle in my garage. No idea on any substantial upgrade. I use CarPlay primarily so will let ya'll know

It was only a Map update, has nothing to with the function of Sync 3.

expeditiondriver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Second tab (I think it is Trip) and scroll down to Compass/Navigation. I works on the Native Ford Navigstion and now Google Maps for Andriod.

I'm guessing I can't see the directions on the dash because I have a non-nav version of the head unit.