Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I've tried a handful of cables, including the Google cable with USB A adapter, and it acts as if I never plugged anything in. The phone doesn't charge, and Sync doesn't even flinch. It used to work surprisingly well!

I haven't had any black screen issues, but I believe I've always unplugged my phone before exiting the vehicle... I'll have to check with my wife since she drives it the most, but to my knowledge she hasn't complained haha.

Check fuses. Pretty sure the LED and the actual ports are on different leads, and different fuses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check fuses. Pretty sure the LED and the actual ports are on different leads, and different fuses.

There is also a voltage regulator built in to the ports component so that part might need to be replaced...

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Good to know, I'll take a look a them!

There is also a voltage regulator built in to the ports component so that part might need to be replaced...

I guess I'll find out when I try to insert the USB for update! Fingers crossed it's a sync glitch... I really don't wanna deal with the dealer at the moment! Thanks!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
interesting, I wonder then if the ports have become disconnected, the LED's that light up the ports are likely a separate connection in general. you could carefully test using a cable and voltmeter, and look for 5V using this pinout.
https://images.app.goo.gl/si5PLdtYmqwhzX2e8

My guess is one end of that may have come loose somewhere.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jace - It's sounding like a hardware issue. If your '19 is still under warranty and you haven't resolved this issue you may want to consider a service visit with a Ford store you trust before upgrading. That's just my 2¢

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
interesting, I wonder then if the ports have become disconnected, the LED's that light up the ports are likely a separate connection in general. you could carefully test using a cable and voltmeter, and look for 5V using this pinout.
https://images.app.goo.gl/si5PLdtYmqwhzX2e8

My guess is one end of that may have come loose somewhere.

That is definitely a possibility! Hard to imagine them coming loose with 6k on the clock but anything is possible haha.

Jace - It's sounding like a hardware issue. If your '19 is still under warranty and you haven't resolved this issue you may want to consider a service visit with a Ford store you trust before upgrading. That's just my 2¢

Yeah I think that's gonna be my next step. I tried getting the system to recognize the update USB drive and nothing happened unfortunately

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Version 20237 is out but it says untested. Just curious if anyone has updated to this version? I just loaded up the version and will try it later. Hopefully I don't brick it lmao.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Version 20237 is out but it says untested. Just curious if anyone has updated to this version? I just loaded up the version and will try it later. Hopefully I don't brick it lmao.

Yeah, using it. Honestly I do not endorse it at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh snap! Details pls...lol

HaHa. To use a non-technical term...it is goofy. Nothing I can put my finger on yet.

Also honestly haven't been on a longer drive with it yet...will this weekend. That is typically my litmus test for stability. Using CarPlay and many features for at least an hour in a row, and see how it handles it.