Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob18

Reaction score
Just updated Sync 3.0 to 3.4 now my outside temperature display is stuck at 60 degrees. Any ideas? Could it be caused by something other than the update. I am not sure if it was working correctly right before the update but was working a few days ago.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just updated Sync 3.0 to 3.4 now my outside temperature display is stuck at 60 degrees. Any ideas? Could it be caused by something other than the update. I am not sure if it was working correctly right before the update but was working a few days ago.

have you rebooted it a couple times? If you rebooted it a couple times did you try a reset?

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all you 3.4 folks. Can anyone jot down some of the larger benefits of upgrading from 3.0 to 3.4? I started reading through the first 10 pages of the thread and didn’t reall gather many answers.

Can you see carplay directions on the drivers display? Does the speed limit pop up next to the digital speedometer? Really are there any meaningful features added or is it mainly just an updated look / UI?

Also I have a CPO warranty and then Ford extended warranty, will upgrading void the warranty for any and all aspects relating to the sync system and overall interior settings and sound system?

Rob18

Reaction score
As far as the external temperature issue. It was my bad I didn't realize that the vehicle needs to be moving for the temp to change.

TheAngryOgre

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all you 3.4 folks. Can anyone jot down some of the larger benefits of upgrading from 3.0 to 3.4? I started reading through the first 10 pages of the thread and didn’t reall gather many answers.

Can you see carplay directions on the drivers display? Does the speed limit pop up next to the digital speedometer? Really are there any meaningful features added or is it mainly just an updated look / UI?

Also I have a CPO warranty and then Ford extended warranty, will upgrading void the warranty for any and all aspects relating to the sync system and overall interior settings and sound system?

MCB345-
Running 3.4 in my new 2021 XLT. Connect the iPhone to the USB jack (either one) and full CarPlay functionality displays. I run Waze for nav and it works perfectly.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MCB345-
Running 3.4 in my new 2021 XLT. Connect the iPhone to the USB jack (either one) and full CarPlay functionality displays. I run Waze for nav and it works perfectly.

hey, just to confirm you’re saying CarPlay displays on the screen on the driver’s gauge panel above the steering column correct?

TheAngryOgre

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey, just to confirm you’re saying CarPlay displays on the screen on the driver’s gauge panel above the steering column correct?
My apologies...did not read your question closely enough. Nothing on driver display, only on the head unit for 3.4. Sorry about that.