Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just uploaded the newest update. Noticed nothing earth-shattering at this point.
Nice, was curious if anyone has tried 3.4.21194. haven't undertaken it yet myself but watching for issues, saw a few folks having issues on the CL forums.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice, was curious if anyone has tried 3.4.21194. haven't undertaken it yet myself but watching for issues, saw a few folks having issues on the CL forums.
This ver should fix the SXM / Travel Link issue. Ford should release it officially in a few weeks.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It loaded pretty quickly so I figured it was a tiny tweak. I haven't noticed any differences whatsoever.

Jamaican Cruiser

Reaction score
After reading all the posts I had been hesitant to update the Sync 3. However, today i finally decided to update and went well. 34 minutes to complete the update

Attachments

• IMG_2108.JPG
    IMG_2108.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think sync 3.4 may have resolved the infotainment screen being abnormally bright when you get in the car at night. Previously the resolution was to dim or brighten the dash lights, then it would also dim the infotainment screen. I had forgotten about the issue until I drove a 2016 f150 last week. I haven’t had it happen to my expedition for a long time.

Mean_Dean

Reaction score
Thinking about updating my 17 EL Limited to 3.4, good info in here and thanks for that update Chuck!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thinking about updating my 17 EL Limited to 3.4, good info in here and thanks for that update Chuck!
Just for clarity, any of these updates have the risk of killing any presets, whether that is radio or Nav.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Lou Have you looked at the ford blueish version in night mode yet? You should be able to set it in settings to stay on the dark theme regardless of the ambient light.
I use the blueish night mode all the time. It seems to make things sharper and easier to see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze