Upgraded Brake Systems anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

explorersvt

Reaction score
I installed the powerstop z36 tow kit on the front of my '19, which is nothing more than slotted/drilled rotors and replacement pads for about $250. It made a huge difference in bite, pedal feel, and fade especially having to smash the brakes after a couple hours of summer interstate driving. I feel like next to the tune, its the best update i have done to this thing, and it takes all of 45 minutes. once i get word my new expy is being made i will order a set for it as well.

OP
OP
M

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like an easy fix for parts that eventually need to be replaced anyway. Thanks all!

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I’d go with pads the. rotors and calipers before brake lines.

Has anyone done full after market brake rip and replace?

I have a wildwood tx6r that is in my garage ready to put on. Had the kit and went to install it one day and a fittings threads were messed up So i had to order a new one. It's been sitting around for almost a year and I just haven't had time to put it on. I know it does fit because I had caliper, rotor and everything except the brake line installed. Even put rim on to check clearance of stock 22 inch rims.

I had a thread somewhere here about my install.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Super cool info on the Wildwood, probably more than I'll do but i love it. I've done the powerstop kits on a lot of my vehicles and have had great luck with them, I'll check into the EBC products as well.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Super cool info on the Wildwood, probably more than I'll do but i love it. I've done the powerstop kits on a lot of my vehicles and have had great luck with them, I'll check into the EBC products as well.

There was a sale a year ago and some site and didn't have tax so I think total I paid 1800. Sure beats brembo at 5k.

Modelcarguy

Reaction score
I would say that if the massive discs on your 3 ton truck aren’t enough stopping power, please let me know where you’ll be traveling so I can avoid your routes in the future.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would say that if the massive discs on your 3 ton truck aren’t enough stopping power, please let me know where you’ll be traveling so I can avoid your routes in the future.

Hahahaha, I like tinkering and upgrading things. I don't even tow anything massive, just my little utility trailer. Plus I like the way it fills out the 22inch wheels better and the black calipers are nice.