Upgrading engine and drivetrain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Djangelcruz

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new and kinda new to the world of expedition. I am seeking out information on what's a good upgrade when changing out engine and transmission on my expy. Should I just go refer or new? Or should I just replace them from other ruined truck? What engine choices do I have? Looking for something that will work better for off-road but nothing crazy. Any help will work.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is one of those open questions that really depends on budget and what you want your truck to be able to do. What year Expedition do you have?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This ought to be good.....no disrespect to the OP....I'm just curious as to why you'd need or want to swap out the entire powertrain?

jeff

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I had nothing but money and time to spend, I'd find a 7.3 Power Stroke and tranny out of an '02 F 250. Build that lil bitty combo up to just a hair over what it was stock, and stick it the hole where the 5.4 used to be. Might require a body lift and some trimming to make it all fit.