Very disappointed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRNAD90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As a side note, I just can't say enough good things about how well the Expedition tows our boat.. it's made towing long distances much less stressful. Now if only the side mirrors were a little larger.

Maybe these would work for you? They look a bit Dumbo'esc to me, but..

6c390d_02ebf37cc5294672b2970c563b58efc9~mv2_d_4928_3280_s_4_2.webp

maxresdefault.jpg

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They post, then disappear into the twilight zone. We get this constantly on the 1st and 2nd gen site. It's just rude! Maybe it's just me, but when you ask someone for advice, you listen, then respond back, and maybe I'm old, but we said thank you too. Oh these darn kids!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Nah buddy, you aren't the only one that remembers(ok, sometimes belatedly) that there is/are human beings on the other end of one's keyboard and we're all the same in that "hearing the whole story" is nice to read...it allows closure of the issue on the brain. Yeah, not going to drive anyone over the edge (LOL) but hearing the resolution gives the thread some value.

Come to think of it...maybe it IS cause we're old?

jeff

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Transmission failure while towing our boat (at 57,*** miles) is one reason why I dumped my 2014 Ram CC Hemi last year.. I replaced it with a 2016 Expedition and just yesterday we got home from a 600 mile round trip towing the same boat. When the ZF 8 speed transmission in the Ram failed everyone told me it was "unheard of".. but that didn't make me feel any better about being stranded in a small town with my family, luggage, and our boat. Sucks, that's for sure.
ZF 8 speeds were reported common failure on 2015-2017 Honda Pilots. Real POS. Reportedly better now but bought 2017 Limited Expedition instead.

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe you're thinking of the front wheel drive ZF transmissions, which are a different animal.

ZF 8 speeds were reported common failure on 2015-2017 Honda Pilots. Real POS. Reportedly better now but bought 2017 Limited Expedition instead.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
15 posts since the op. I don't think he's coming back. And yes Jeff, anyone that has Kawasaki triples since new definitely is farting dust!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jbarry130

Reaction score
Have been waiting to hear from the dealer and determine what is going to be done. The transmission failure was catastophic! Unrepairable. Dealer put in a claim to Ford for a new transmission and it is supposed to be ready for us to pick it up Wednesday. We'll see. For all you horse people, I was concerned about the horses and would have posted if anything had awful had happened to them...they are fine...were rescued by a friend with a Tundra. Funny...no one asked about my wife...who wants to get rid of the Ex as soon as we get it back. Says will never trust it again. It was a very traumatic experience for her.

Last edited:

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Happy wife = happy life

Is always what I've experienced.

Have been waiting to hear from the dealer and determine what is going to be done. The transmission failure was catastophic! Unrepairable. Dealer put in a claim to Ford for a new transmission and it is supposed to be ready for us to pick it up Wednesday. We'll see. For all you horse people, I was concerned about the horses and would have posted if anything had awful had happened to them...they are fine...were rescued by a friend with a Tundra. Funny...no one asked about my wife...who wants to get rid of the Ex as soon as we get it back. Says will never trust it again. It was a very traumatic experience for her.