Very disappointed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbarry130

Reaction score
Saturday, while pulling a horse trailer, out 2015 Platinum transmission failed, leaving my wife on an uphill section of a very busy highway in a travel lane. (She couldn't get it off the highway onto the shoulder.) This Expedition only has approximately 39000 miles, and has been serviced per the maintenance schedule at the purchasing Ford dealer. It was flat-bedded back to the dealer, and will be looked at tomorrow. Thank goodness I purchased the extended warranty!!!!

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No need for an extended warranty.

(1) Your vehicle’s Powertrain components are covered for five years or

60,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Transmission: all internal parts, clutch cover, seals and gaskets, torque

converter, transfer case (including all internal parts), transmission case,

transmission mounts;

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What ever happened to the horses?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What was the weight of the trailer loaded, and do you have the Heavy Tow Package?

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Transmission failure while towing our boat (at 57,*** miles) is one reason why I dumped my 2014 Ram CC Hemi last year.. I replaced it with a 2016 Expedition and just yesterday we got home from a 600 mile round trip towing the same boat. When the ZF 8 speed transmission in the Ram failed everyone told me it was "unheard of".. but that didn't make me feel any better about being stranded in a small town with my family, luggage, and our boat. Sucks, that's for sure.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying Midwest.... but in over 18 months of hanging out here in 3gen land....this is a first for a +15 that I've heard of for a complete failure. As mentioned, little consolation.

Hopefully, the OP will come back to tell us what they found....very possibly a simple shut down and reboot?

jeff

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, He hasn’t been on since he made the post.

Hopefully we will get some follow up.

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to know, hopefully I won't get struck by lightening twice. lol. When I did the first trans service on my Expedition the pan was quite clean, very little clutch material and very little on the magnets.

As a side note, I just can't say enough good things about how well the Expedition tows our boat.. it's made towing long distances much less stressful. Now if only the side mirrors were a little larger.

I understand what you are saying Midwest.... but in over 18 months of hanging out here in 3gen land....this is a first for a +15 that I've heard of for a complete failure. As mentioned, little consolation.

Hopefully, the OP will come back to tell us what they found....very possibly a simple shut down and reboot?

jeff

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They post, then disappear into the twilight zone. We get this constantly on the 1st and 2nd gen site. It's just rude! Maybe it's just me, but when you ask someone for advice, you listen, then respond back, and maybe I'm old, but we said thank you too. Oh these darn kids!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk