want OE nbx skid plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpiGator

Reaction score
ATTN NBX/FX4 Epy owners

just bought '06 limited w 44k on it.

i very much enjoy going to the national forests and having some piece and quiet.

i will go off road and enjoy responsible off roading.

the nbx models had 3 or 4 different skid plates.

can someone please give me

part numbers and or post some pix of them?

any info would be great.

thanks

peter

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cant help you exactly with OEM skid plates but I have made a lot out of scrap metal.... if you get thin enough metal to bend by hand and a vice with some 2x4s you can make your own.... my big skid plate under front truck is hand made from diamond plate.... make a template out of card board and trace it onto metal.... then place 2x4s or other straight edge into vice to bend the metal and then just drill and bolt metal were you need it... sometimes its better than factory since you can custom make them...

OP
OP
ExpiGator

ExpiGator

Reaction score
thanks, that is an idea.

seen an nbx several times near my work.

i'm going to go next time i see it and have a look and get a vin if poss, maybe make an expy friend.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTN NBX/FX4 Epy owners

just bought '06 limited w 44k on it.

i very much enjoy going to the national forests and having some piece and quiet.

i will go off road and enjoy responsible off roading.

the nbx models had 3 or 4 different skid plates.

can someone please give me

part numbers and or post some pix of them?

any info would be great.

thanks

peter

Just hoping you'll reply here but i was wondering if you ever found the NBX/FX4 skid plates you were looking for?
I have an XLT with 2 FX4 plates and one is in real tough shape and i was looking for a new one.
The plate is located just below the front row seats and covers, what looks like, the rest of the exhaust system.
If you found where to purchase these skid plates then please let me know where if you get the chance, I'd like to purchase all the NBX/FX4 plates as well.
Thanks so much!
Jared