Want real tow mirrors for your Expy? Here's how (lot of pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cman1120

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2007 fully loaded, which means that my current mirrors are power folding (along with everything else).
If I buy these towing mirrors, will they be plug and play (and I will just lose the ability to powerfold), or will the wiring cause any problem?
To the best of my knowledge, everything on your mirrors will work except for the power fold feature. I have heard some success stories that had to modify wiring or add on in order to get power folding. but everything else should work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very interesting Back in MARCH these were approx. $230.00 for the pair Now they are over $400.00 For the 1st Gens

Last edited:

kwsutter

Reaction score
Excellent post!

Thanks, @cman1120, for the post. I've been looking for something like this ever since we bought our 2011 Expedition. We pull a travel trailer and I had to resort to the generic, over-the-counter mirror extensions. Not sufficient. Especially when compared to the towing mirrors I used to have on my old F250.

I was googling to help my sister-in-law find towing mirrors for her vehicle when I came across your post. I immediately looked up the version for my Expedition year and ordered them. They just showed up yesterday, I installed them, and they look great!

Thanks again for the post. I would not have known these even existed if it were not for your post.

BTW, my cost was $239. Here's the link:
2011 Ford Expedition Power Heated Puddle Light Memory Turn Signal Telescoping Towing Mirror Pair at 1A Auto.com

OP
OP
cman1120

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, @cman1120, for the post. I've been looking for something like this ever since we bought our 2011 Expedition. We pull a travel trailer and I had to resort to the generic, over-the-counter mirror extensions. Not sufficient. Especially when compared to the towing mirrors I used to have on my old F250.

I was googling to help my sister-in-law find towing mirrors for her vehicle when I came across your post. I immediately looked up the version for my Expedition year and ordered them. They just showed up yesterday, I installed them, and they look great!

Thanks again for the post. I would not have known these even existed if it were not for your post.

BTW, my cost was $239. Here's the link:
2011 Ford Expedition Power Heated Puddle Light Memory Turn Signal Telescoping Towing Mirror Pair at 1A Auto.com
Glad I could help you guys out. I did a lot of searching first for the same thing and couldn't find much till these mirrors came out this March and I figured I'd try and make some folks lives easier lol. How's the sight with the new mirrors treating you? Me personally, I would have a hard time going back to stock mirrors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also just received mine today, haven't installed them yet but i am anxious to!

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
will do, they are the memory, heated, puddle, and turn signal model.

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took about 30 minutes for the install. Haven't driven it, but this is how they look can't wait to try them out!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439939745.474143.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439939760.843942.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439939774.783720.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439939789.145307.jpg