Want real tow mirrors for your Expy? Here's how (lot of pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice write up. Im sure this will help a lot of people.

Borowicz

Reaction score
Expy Trailer Mirrors

Excellent article and pictures. I installed those on my F-150, and it was just as easy as you said. If I decide to keep my 06 Expedition I may have to try these. I have a small travel trailer and a pontoon, so having an optional tow vehicle that I can actually use the mirrors on would be great!

OP
OP
cman1120

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words! I am so glad that someone finally came out with a usable real towing mirror for these trucks so now they have the ability to haul not only their tow rating, but they can also do it safer which is a huge plus.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These are now permanent and the truck exceeds 80" wide from mirror to mirror you might need clearance lights. Look into the vehicle code for Colorado. but it's a nice install looks good

the vehicle exceeds 80" no it does not. The Safety devices do yes but safety devices are not governed by width, even mirrors can exceed 102" wide without the need for permits or markers. As someone who deals with DOT compliance on a daily basis you are incorrect in your statement.

OP
OP
cman1120

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What monte said. Otherwise every single super duty ever with tow mirrors would have to have clearance lights on them. Just want to give this thread a bump and let everyone know how they have been holding up. Overall I am very pleased with the product and the visibility is amazing. The only complaint I have is the glass sometimes will vibrate at speed but it is minor and I will post up a solution if I find one. That being said, I would still absolutely do this mod again and if you tow with your Expy I recommend you at least consider this mod.

OP
OP
cman1120

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks back at ya Andy! Yours being an EB should be plug and play for the heated glass and the turn signals as your truck comes with them on your current mirrors already. I will have to wire these mirrors up to make it work on my truck, being as it is only an XLT.

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would suggest that you go for the ones with the Power Fold feature. I have an '05 EB as well with the memory and it comes pre-wired for Power Fold. I haven't tried installing Power Fold mirrors yet, but I will soon. The only hurdle you have to get past is if your DSM (Driver Seat Module) is set up to control Power Fold or not. If the DSM is not set up for it, it might be possible to reprogram it at a Ford dealer. If not, it's quite simple to obtain an original OEM switch for Power Fold mirrors and tap into the wires and use a couple of relays to perform the folding action. Since the wires are already there, it's just a matter of making the connections and the Power Fold feature is really something I miss on my truck, and I can almost guarantee that you'll miss it even more if you get bigger mirrors.

omarietta

Reaction score
I have a 2007 fully loaded, which means that my current mirrors are power folding (along with everything else).
If I buy these towing mirrors, will they be plug and play (and I will just lose the ability to powerfold), or will the wiring cause any problem?