wanting it bigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Expeditionary, there were too many parts that I got rid of a long time ago (to many moves to be hauling around all that stuff) that it would be cheaper to buy a new lift kit than it would be to replace all the parts. So, the kit is staying on the truck and being sold with it. Besides, if I pull off the lift, then the tires would rub big time, so, that is just one more cost I would have to overcome. Then there is the regearing. Just too much money to save a little bit.

m1gunner

Reaction score
I can agree with looking on finding one already jacked up.. To save some green. But at the same time, it's way more fun doing everything yourself - If you're into that sort of thing. Here's mine...

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

anyways, that's on 38x13.5 mud grapplers.

OP
OP
LastExpo2000

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want those rockstars.........anyways could I run 305's with a 2" BL 1" coil spacer and 1.5 or 2" TT

Already have 1" TT and 1" coil spacer with 285/70/17x9 terra grapplers

m1gunner

Reaction score
I want those rockstars.........anyways could I run 305's with a 2" BL 1" coil spacer and 1.5 or 2" TT

Already have 1" TT and 1" coil spacer with 285/70/17x9 terra grapplers

My suggestion, if yu're on a budget .. 3" coil spring spacers in the rear, and a torsion twist in the front. Just keep an eye on your CV angles. I'm using the pro-comp torsion keys in the front of mine. they're indexed differently so you really have to be careful iwith that.

Another option is a body lift. I have a 3" one I'm selling for real cheap. even brand new.. it's only 2 hundred something bucks. when I had my 3" BL on I was clearing toyo open country's 35" mud tires. With just a body lift.. You may, or may not need to trim any plastic on the lower front bumper.

I would just suggest going to at least 35's or 36's . reason number one being that when you look at our rigs, theyre big.. when you lift them. the wheels and rubber looks small. you wont be happy with what you see if you're not sitting at at least 35" tyres. which you CAN perfectly pull off with 3" coil spacers..and a torsion twist.

-Regards.

OP
OP
LastExpo2000

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My suggestion, if yu're on a budget .. 3" coil spring spacers in the rear, and a torsion twist in the front. Just keep an eye on your CV angles. I'm using the pro-comp torsion keys in the front of mine. they're indexed differently so you really have to be careful iwith that.

Another option is a body lift. I have a 3" one I'm selling for real cheap. even brand new.. it's only 2 hundred something bucks. when I had my 3" BL on I was clearing toyo open country's 35" mud tires. With just a body lift.. You may, or may not need to trim any plastic on the lower front bumper.

I would just suggest going to at least 35's or 36's . reason number one being that when you look at our rigs, theyre big.. when you lift them. the wheels and rubber looks small. you wont be happy with what you see if you're not sitting at at least 35" tyres. which you CAN perfectly pull off with 3" coil spacers..and a torsion twist.

-Regards.

Thank you, It's not that I'm hurting for money, its that I just did the last few mods 4 weeks ago and now I'm wanting a little more lift. I haven't maxed my TT out yet. I may save the lift for another project next year.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can agree with looking on finding one already jacked up.. To save some green. But at the same time, it's way more fun doing everything yourself - If you're into that sort of thing. Here's mine...

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

anyways, that's on 38x13.5 mud grapplers.

ummm alright seems someone just came out of the closet to tell all of us that he has the most badass truck on here lol

I like everything you have done to it great truck

m1gunner

Reaction score
ummm alright seems someone just came out of the closet to tell all of us that he has the most badass truck on here lol

I like everything you have done to it great truck

Thanks A lot!

Well, If you just did everything recently.. it should go pretty fast doing it all again.... !

I'm sure you'll have a nice looking rig when all is said and done!

project x

Reaction score
I went with 315/75/16 which are from what i heard equal to 35''s with no fitment issues but front bumper valance and got them on craigslist for 140 and stock runnings boards are 24'' from ground