Water leaking into the passenger seat (Ford 2003 Expedition)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremiahjw

Reaction score
It seems to be coming down the grab handle on the inside of the car and leaking onto the seat/floorboard. It's something that happened after having the car for 2-3 years.

EDIT: I think it's the Eddie Bauer edition.

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the weather stripping around the door for tears or rips or deterioration

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2k3Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine hasn't done this since the windshield was replaced. I accidently put my wife's head into the windshield. Very costly repair.

OP
OP
J

jeremiahjw

Reaction score
@Sgtowing: The first layer of rubber lining (not the one right next to the door) does have dampness in it if I pull it out a little. Is this something I can replace myself and get a good seal, and if so, how much would it cost?

dvwestmoreland

Reaction score
looking for help w/water leak. i have a 99 eb that has leaked somewhere around the windshield/door seal/sun roof for years. i have systematically taken apart the sunroof (cleaned/tested the drains) removed interior trim/door seals (cleaned and re-crimped/replaced) and poured water over the entire roof to see if it is coming in from the "not so obvious place" without success. this leak seems to be an issue w/the expedition and i've read countless accounts of people with the same problem, but have not located/read of a solution. it is at the point where i am starting to have electrical issues and understand that the leak may be the least of my worries if/when this happens. could use some advice if anyone has found the "smoking gun". much appreciated, dave

kevinw2345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive got water leaking in the back of the truck by the back window. I was told its because i have a crack the whole way down the rain channel on the driver side roof. Was told it is probably coming in through there.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems to be coming down the grab handle on the inside of the car and leaking onto the seat/floorboard. It's something that happened after having the car for 2-3 years.

EDIT: I think it's the Eddie Bauer edition.
if you have a sunroof check the drain tubes

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No sunroof? Check your roof anyways.. I had a hole in one of the slots on the roof when water pooled after rain...

gasman1149

Reaction score
I had water pouring out of the drivers side grab handle. Removed the headliner and found the moonroof drain disconnected as well as being plugged with debris where it drains down in the firewall. Reconnected hose and shot some compressed air into the drain and now it works like a charm.

BigJuicy02

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have water coming down the grab handle, pass. side on my 99 EB. I pulled the headliner back and I can clearly watch the water coming through the windshield seal. Sounds like you probably have the same problem.

Take the sunvisor off and pull the headliner back a little and see if you can locate the leak, its a little hard on the neck. Better a windshield seal than a rust hole in the roof (which I also have on the driver side)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360