Weird problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Using your meter set on dc volts, check the voltage out of the starter relay at pin 3 connector 270d when you try to start. Red lead on the needle inserted into the connector like before, black lead to a good ground. You should read battery voltage - wouldn't hurt to read the battery voltage first.

OP
OP
R

ray young

Full Access Members
Reaction score
after a month of work and family drama i can finally get back to the expy. began with charging the battery and seeing if it would start. same nothing happened. tried again and i bumped my knee on the trailer brake unit herd a clicks in the SJB and it started. only ran for 30 sec or so then died. tried to restart and it ran for about 1 minuted before died. started pulling the dash apart found old immobilizer bypass. not connected just zip-tied in place. i hooked up new scanner and got some codes B1352 a few more about the instrument cluster and B2900 c1805 u1262 ABS module? sometimes it will start, sometimes it will just crank sometimes nothing at all. did find some wires cut and just hanging. im colorblind so i need a kids help to repair the wires. next idea pull the trailer brake unit (we dont use it) and reconnect the cut wires? or leave the cut wires alone since it was fine for months. any suggestions?

dtc.png

untitled.png

OP
OP
R

ray young

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this turn out to be a bad ignition switch. im sure the wires cut and spliced together didn't help.
i have also replaced the fuse box with the correct updated one. the expy is running great and is a mountain goat in snow