Well.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

will_higgins

Reaction score
Just in time for winter, my heat stopped working. I need some help. So here is what is going on.
I get heat, just no air flow. When i adjust the knob it doesnt make the air come out any faster. I know it isnt the heater core because i still get heat. Is there a fuse or relay for the blower motor? Has anyone in here changed a blower motor and can help get me started? Thanks for the help guys, i got to get heat to my kids and wife asap.

Sclass-hole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check to make sure it isn't something simple like the blower motor resistor first. I had a Trailblazer that went through 4 of those. They took about 10 minutes to replace and cost about $18. Hole lot cheaper than throwing money at a whole blower motor.

With mine, the symptoms were usually losing the highest fan speed setting, then the next to highest and so on until there was no fan.

OP
OP
W

will_higgins

Reaction score
Check to make sure it isn't something simple like the blower motor resistor first. I had a Trailblazer that went through 4 of those. They took about 10 minutes to replace and cost about $18. Hole lot cheaper than throwing money at a whole blower motor.

With mine, the symptoms were usually losing the highest fan speed setting, then the next to highest and so on until there was no fan.
Wow, thats funny. I lost my two lower speeds awhile back and couldnt figure out why. So where is this thing located on my EXPY?

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can get one for my 97 at Rock Auto around $20
$30 with pigtail