What’s with the overheating 10 speeds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrekEE

Reaction score
I wanted to add my experience to this. I have a 2019 Limited Stealth. We took this up the CO mtns a month ago and the transmission overheated "redlined" and ended up with some rough shifting. this was very alarming to me. i was not towing and have the heavy duty tow package on it. The reason this is alarming is because I had a 2017 Raptor with transmission issues. Very rough shifts that everyone has read about rough jerky whiplash shifts. Ford gave me a new transmission, the jerkiness went away but everytime I took it on the highway, the transmission would overhear resulting in rough shifts and actual shifts down to first... random shifting. I would have to pull over to let the transmission cool down. The last 6 months I had my truck, it was in the shop 3 months to fix this. Ford wouldn't do anything else... so I was stuck with a truck that couldn't go on the highway. So I got rid of it last year. Now that my Expedition is experiencing some of these issues, it definitely brings back bad memories. Might be time to get rid of this one as well since it overheats as well.

manuelb

Reaction score
My wife’s 18 Limited runs a constant 210-220 highway and in town especially idling. Today on our way to northern Michigan, we took hilly back roads with some spirited passing and noticed some rough shifts between 7-10, then I looked over at the trans temp and it was at 235 and on the 3/4 of the gauge. Is there a problem or is this just the nature of the Expedition 10 speed? My 17 f150 doesn’t get over 195 even when towing and I’m afraid to tow any long distance with the expedition
The same thing happens to me with my expedition, can I solve the problem? 210 and 220 on the highway going 60 mph or 80 mph, but in traffic the same thing happens to me 235 f

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire