What aftermarket parts do you wish were made for your Expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aces

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a bulletproofed 6.0 Excursion and love it. And as was stated plenty of people still love them. Out here in California, diesels are still going for 17-20k

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
We loved our Excursion and the Expedition's no match tp us. That baby enjoyed 325,000 trouble free miles on its V-10 and original transmission. Probably still running somewhere.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Excursion didn't fit or work back in the early 2000's, what makes you think people want a newer version now.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

The fact that you could straight trade a good '05 Excursion for a '17 Expedition?

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I sold my 05 6.0 Excursion with 75k miles for $28k to buy my 2017 Expy. I didn't really drive it a much as I should have. Unison ring in the turbo kept rusting.

The Expy drives nicer and is safer with more airbags and traction control & RSC. I do miss the diesel torque though.

reidar

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our 2016 is our 2nd one. We had a 2004 before. I love the engine and tranny in this one, however... My wish list would be the following.
1. Towing mirrors, not the stupid strap on kind.
2. Decent shock selection. I had Rancho quick lifts on my last one, and they were great for towing.
3. If I couldnt have the above, solid rear axle.
4. More lift kits available. Maybe even put it on bags, so I can raise it and lower it.
5. The same performance parts (like programmers) that are available for the F150.

Should be easy... right?

Rod

Jeremy Martin

Reaction score
A backwards compatible upgrade navigation/radio with backup camera system replacement for my 2004 Expy that I could swap out the current simple am/fm radio system. That would match up with the current radios wiring harness without much rewiring effort. With sound dampening headphones that I can plug into the radio to cancel out the 5 kids in the back.

And a robot to clean the inside up after I have our 5 kids in the poor thing. I spend 4 hours cleaning up the inside - its spotless and smells like the sweet air fresher I just sprayed in it. Then after what seems like only 5 seconds after the 5 kids get inside it looks like a war zone strewn with trash, candy wrappers, cups, half drunk water bottles, jackets, gut wrenching smell of sweaty shoes, and an explosion of back packs and bags and the smell of rotting food from some forgotten lunch bag shoved under a seat (and I don't know where these lunch bags come from since we home school the kids and they don't carry lunch bags around to any schools).

I also like the stick shift ideal someone mentioned.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold my 05 6.0 Excursion with 75k miles for $28k to buy my 2017 Expy. I didn't really drive it a much as I should have. Unison ring in the turbo kept rusting.

The Expy drives nicer and is safer with more airbags and traction control & RSC. I do miss the diesel torque though.

Maybe generally but for an accident with another vehicle your safer in an excursion. F-250s pretty much annihilate anything they hit lol. IIHS always harps on the fact that weight is safety in an accident, because the vehicle that weighs less takes all the backlash and force. the excursion weighs in at 7,688 pounds and the expy only 6,000. If it were an accident between the two we lose, Big Time.

Last edited: