What am I going to need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I’ve been using the navigation the last two days... works well and I like it a lot better than the iPhone. Reason being is the iPhone always gives directions when your on top of where you need to turn or too late. This system gives you a few prompts and tells you your maneuver way before you get there, and times the voice directions very well. The only thing I don’t like is the sort of cheesy voice that says the street name , it will sound like a normal robot girl most of the time and then “oak street” will sound kind of cheesy, not sure why they didn’t use the same voice for everything. Nonetheless it works well and it’s very accurate, I prefer it to the phone surprisingly.

Last edited:

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nonetheless it works well and it’s very accurate, I prefer it to the phone surprisingly.
I did too until iOS 11. Guidance got way better, it gives several advanced warnings now and has lane guidance too to tell you which lane you need to be in.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The $13.00 update(13P) is still working fine after about 2 months.

Sometimes mine is starting to show me somewhere else on the map than where I am, not sure if it’s an antenna or disc issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today I’m noticing it’s almost always got my location wrong on the map as I’ve watched it.... shows me moving but not where I am....also froze once....this is pretty new problem does this sound like I need a new antenna or disk?

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update so I took out the latest navigation software and put back in the original 2007 software and it eventually synced back up and has my location correct. There is a no gps signal icon on the map but the location is correct and it is moving so I’m not going to worry about that for now. I guess I’ll have to get another new software disk eventually... not sure why it’s always had that no gps icon when it clearly does but it’s been like that since day one.

B60538BD-3B7C-4DCC-A1CB-AB04D905872C.jpeg

Last edited:

Jachniw

Reaction score
J07,
What antenna did you buy and from where? I just did the same thing for my '08. Easy drop in replacement. I am seeing everything you and others have mentioned....no NAV, can't set clock or calendar. In fact, my calendar stops at 2014.

Does the NAV antenna plug into the small red plug (looks like 3mm) on the rear?

Thanks for any help!