What android app to use for OBD/trouble codes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been using the free version of Torque on my cars to check the trouble codes with a CEL and/or to monitor various parameters. I'll be towing a camper for the first time next week and was hoping to maybe be able to monitor transmission temps on my 08 EL, but apparently cant do this on the free version of Torque.

So what apps might anyone else be using and/or recommend?

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you meant forscan lite. I haven't used it yet, been playing with torque pro. And torque pro has three options for transmission temps. I can't say for sure which if any work. But if I was OP I'd try the paid version of torque pro, it's just a one time fee. I like it so far, and have used it on 2 Fords and 3 chevys. Some of the GM options work on the Fords. I didn't like seeing the instaintanus fuel milage, while driving my Mustang! I got it mainly for tire pressures, since Ford decided not to let us monitor tire pressures, even though the vehicle does???

Sent from my couch using Tapatalk
6a0e52610a7774f2f5151d16bf4a45fb.jpg

Last edited:

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I think you meant forscan lite. I haven't used it yet, been playing with torque pro.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Yepper. I have Torque Pro also.

I didnt know there was an android app? I've been meaning to learn more about Forscan just to see what I could change on my own, but really dont know how to use it at all!
Forscan has been very handy for a few things. Like mquick5 posted, the android app is Forscan Lite.

OP
OP
R

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah Torque pro was what I initially thought I'd be going for, but now I'll have to do some research about Forscan Lite as well.

So I can monitor individual tire pressures on my 08 (with an app) or is that limited to newer models?

Edit: I got Torque Pro but dont see any options for seeing tire pressures. Oh well. It does give me transmission temp at least.

Last edited:

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well atleast you got the trans temp. Does your 08 have Tire pressure monitors in the tires, and the low air pressure warning on the dash? Here's a screen shot from TP where I enabled each tire.

I'm new to this stuff, and recently found out when making the custom dash, if your connected to vehicle, you will see what options work and what dont, before selecting them. If setting it up unhook your blind. 5b333b4185c62555c836580b92706927.jpg

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also forscan lite is just for monitoring and check engine codes. For programming you will need Forscan and a laptop.

OP
OP
R

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well atleast you got the trans temp. Does your 08 have Tire pressure monitors in the tires, and the low air pressure warning on the dash? Here's a screen shot from TP where I enabled each tire.

I'm new to this stuff, and recently found out when making the custom dash, if your connected to vehicle, you will see what options work and what dont, before selecting them. If setting it up unhook your blind. 5b333b4185c62555c836580b92706927.jpg

Yes I definitely have TPMS and will/can get a low pressure warning on the dash with no specific tire noted. I'll have to play with the Torque Pro app a bit more...I quickly set it up while connected to the car but dont recall seeing anything that was "ford specific" the way your dash shows.

OP
OP
R

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also forscan lite is just for monitoring and check engine codes. For programming you will need Forscan and a laptop.

Yes that I know.....I have an older blue tooth OBD "adapter" that I've been using for years and recently bought the one I'd need (with the switch and usb cable) for using Forscan and a laptop. One of these days I'll get around to learning how to actually use Forscan for what it can really do!