What Could Ford Do Better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LG_123

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thought of another one, I hate that when the moonroof is open, the sunroof vent button doesn't work, you have to first close the moonroof. Every other vehicle I've ever had with a moonroof, the vent button does the closure and vent in one operation.

True. Also, you should be able to open the interior cover all the way with one button press, not two. How often do you want it just halfway open...?

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like the 3rd row seats to be able to stop in any position.

Sometimes I would like to stop half way down position to close the tailgate.
Insead i have to put the seat all the way down, then crap is sliding all around.

The carpet on the back of the 3rd seating sucks.

It is horrible to vacuum, I wish is was plush carpet. Just saying the truck was 100k

Last edited:

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
stop dealing with a rapacious union who does not care about us, and lower prices.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
True. Also, you should be able to open the interior cover all the way with one button press, not two. How often do you want it just halfway open...?
Basically none, for me, it only goes half way work one press. I would prefer it go all the way, but if way more prefer the vent button would do just that regardless of the current position

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Insead i have to put the seat all the way down, then crap is sliding all around.

It is horrible to vacuum, I wish is was plush carpet. Just saying the truck was 100k
Agreed. Unfortunately my last vehicle was the same, i prefer no fabric or something that pet hair will come off of.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that auto off at 30 minutes is dangerous. Little kids sleep in cars all the time once you get home or to grandmas. Bad deal. I was hooking up to leave a campground and mist wife got in just as the stupid thing shut off.

And speaking of auto off, the canbus on these means that virtually every system is connected to everything else. If you're in the middle of say a sync upgrade, it should notify the system to never shutoff completely until the upgrade is done. Pretty damn simple thing to do. It's an if/then statement in code.

cruiseguy24

Reaction score
Agreed. Unfortunately my last vehicle was the same, i prefer no fabric or something that pet hair will come off of.

This is a good point. I wonder why any vehicle manufacturer uses carpet in the cargo area anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score

It is weird and frustrating that they won’t stop in any spot.

The back of the seat material is like Velcro lol. Impossible to clean. I use a pet vacuum that works well. I also got these mats which makes cleaning much easier.

2e0b31cffddecb238cd4b10fffd143d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruiseguy24

Reaction score
I will preface by saying I really like my vehicle. I am not unhappy at all, despite a long list. My list pertains to a 2019 Navigator.

The ability to lock out the audio controls on the rear center console.

The ability to sync the rear AC.

The ability to mix presets for AM/FM/XM

Sync updates. Not only making the Auto Update work, but actually issuing updates once in awhile.

Native apps for a handful of popular ones like Pandora, Waze, etc. that can operate without having to plug in your phone.

Wireless CarPlay

A better solution to the manual paddle shifters on the back side of the steering wheel. I have had drivers several times accidentally hit one and the car get stuck in a low gear and no one realize what happened or how to fix. Maybe a lock out or better locations for these?

A way to disable the 30 min auto shut off. There are numerous valid reasons someone may need the car running. Dog in car, baby sleeping, or even yourself taking a quick nap.

More configuration options on the dash screen. For example, it only shows the current song playing along the top, and even then it is often cut off as it is short. Why not have an option to show and station, artist, and song?

The ability to configure the car to auto-lock when you leave. My Yukon had this and it was nice. In general the Yukon seemed to have more things you could turn on/off or configure. I was surprised Sync did not have more.

The ability to disable the stupid double honk if you get out of the car with key fob while running without using Forscan.

The disabling of the no touch tailgate sensor when it is open. I had not thought of this till others posted and a great idea. I have had this happen. I understand they currently don’t disable as some people may want touch less to close it, but they could easily make it a setting we could configure or a button on the back.

The ability to remember the drive mode you last used so you do not need to reset each time.

An actual button for heated steering wheel

The ability to configure sync so the screen is not overtaken when you make adjustment to volume or AC.for example, if you adjust audio volume, it takes over the whole screen showing what volume number you are on.

The ability to order the vehicle without sunroof.

Improve the user profile in sync so it can be tied to a fob and not require you to pick a user every time it starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it only shows the current song playing along the top, and even then it is often cut off as it is short. Why not have an option to show and station, artist, and song?

This is a particularly odd limitation. Not only doesn’t it not show full name, album art etc but it only shows song info when you are listening from certain sources. Really weird.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69