What Could Ford Do Better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is weird and frustrating that they won’t stop in any spot.

The back of the seat material is like Velcro lol. Impossible to clean. I use a pet vacuum that works well. I also got these mats which makes cleaning much easier.

These are pretty nice, who made these? Do they stay in place pretty well? That's one of the pain points of a lot of these, they just don't stay in place very well.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh Boy! Here's a few, considering this is my first Ford as well.

• Why in the world would Ford create a nice cubby in the center console with several USB ports but not have a hole anywhere to feed cables through. That means you have to leave the cubby door open all the time.
  • Rear tailgate hands-free operation still functions when liftgate is open, which is quite dangerous, leaves the glass in danger of breaking - the liftgate open should disable the hands-free operation
  • Rear bumper cover has two major issues for me, for one, it's so wide open underneath that it fills with snow in the winters, a lot of snow and ice, like gallons worth. I really wish those cavities were closed in more. Second, it seems very poorly built, that is, for a bumper on a massive SUV, when I put any kind of weight on the bumper (i.e. climbing into the back), the plastic pops, moves, makes a bunch of popping sounds like it's not fastened well to any supporting structures
  • The ridiculously flimsy undercarriage protection is mind numbing for a $70K+ vehicle. No protection for a fuel tank this big, which for an SUV is only a few inches off the ground?
  • The interior in most cases is awesome, but I'm finding tons of nooks and crannies that can fill up with dirt and kiddo food, etc. Seems like a little more thought could be put into how the plastic sections are molded to reduce dirt traps
  • The kiddo mirror in the overhead console is a nice thought but you can't see crud. Really wish it was a bit bigger, I actually do use it though. If I remember correctly, the one in the Yukons is definitely more usable

I know it seems like I'm just complaining, but I wish manufacturers would do a better job of consumer testing these things. Otherwise I so far really love this thing!

I agree with the popping bumper. It is very annoying.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These are pretty nice, who made these? Do they stay in place pretty well? That's one of the pain points of a lot of these, they just don't stay in place very well.

Some random vendor on amazon. There are side mats as well but I don’t think I’m going to install them. They use Velcro and stick to the back of the seats and floor really well. Couldn’t stomach those ill/loose fitting canvas covers and the hard liners won’t bend with the seats

Bonus-Mats Custom Fit All-Weather Full Coverage Waterproof Car Cargo Liner Trunk Mat for Porsche Macan 2014-2020 Black with Black Stitching https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQBVXCZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zUbpFbSFY5JYH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some random vendor on amazon. There are side mats as well but I don’t think I’m going to install them. They use Velcro and stick to the back of the seats and floor really well. Couldn’t stomach those ill/loose fitting canvas covers and the hard liners won’t bend with the seats

Bonus-Mats Custom Fit All-Weather Full Coverage Waterproof Car Cargo Liner Trunk Mat for Porsche Macan 2014-2020 Black with Black Stitching https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQBVXCZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zUbpFbSFY5JYH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you have this company custom make you these mats for your SUV?
Do these Porsche one fit the 4th gen Expedition?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Navi doesn't have a button for this?! Us plebes in the Fords do, right next to the temperature dial, above the heated/cooled seat buttons.
There are two ways to turn it on but there is no physical button, both of ours are on Sync screens. Honestly, it’s a non issue after the first couple times.

cruiseguy24

Reaction score
The Navi doesn't have a button for this?! Us plebes in the Fords do, right next to the temperature dial, above the heated/cooled seat buttons.

Nope. Have to go to the Home screen in sync to do this. While not hard, it is inconvenient. If you have something on the screen like audio or using navigation, you have to leave that, turn it on/off, then go back where you were.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. Have to go to the Home screen in sync to do this. While not hard, it is inconvenient. If you have something on the screen like audio or using navigation, you have to leave that, turn it on/off, then go back where you were.

You can also press the ‘menu’ button that’s part of the fan speed dial. It brings up a menu that has the switch for the heated steering wheel. It may not be as convenient as a physical button but it also is one less button to clutter the console with.

cruiseguy24

Reaction score
You can also press the ‘menu’ button that’s part of the fan speed dial. It brings up a menu that has the switch for the heated steering wheel. It may not be as convenient as a physical button but it also is one less button to clutter the console with.

Thanks for the tip. That is a bit better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69