What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced rotors and pads with the Brake Motive set from ebay 2 days ago that people here recommend. Comes with Power Stop pads and drilled/slotted rotors. Pedal feel still sucks, but stopping is better. Now I just need to bleed the brake lines.
Got the AC recharged yesterday to prepare for the weekend's predicted hot weather.

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
had fuel filter changed because I figure PO never did. Also had my Freon level topped off with some Freon/Freon stop leak.
My A/C was AWESOME, then just awesome, then OK, then ok, then ok-ish and now it sucks.
After the recharge, it's still a little on the warm side but greatly improved from what it was.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Handed the keys to the wife - took the keys for the Infiniti away - gave the Infiniti keys to the Ford dealer - and he gave me keys to a new F150 FX2. The Expy will still be our family vacation vehicle (there is no substitute for what it offers) and will still probably be used for towing the boat, but, the new F150 is fun to drive.

The Infiniti was fun - now I just have to re-org the garage to fit the Expy in there for my girls.

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Handed the keys to the wife - took the keys for the Infiniti away - gave the Infiniti keys to the Ford dealer - and he gave me keys to a new F150 FX2. The Expy will still be our family vacation vehicle (there is no substitute for what it offers) and will still probably be used for towing the boat, but, the new F150 is fun to drive.

The Infiniti was fun - now I just have to re-org the garage to fit the Expy in there for my girls.

did you get the 5.0? eco-boost?

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
went with the 5.0. I really only have about 20 miles on it so far - but I love it. I never drove the ecoboost because I do not tow heavy and they Expy is typically what we use to tow anyway for the family. I would have given it a shot, but I need to see more years in production first. I know some people rave about it(including my salesman who has one), but the 5.0 was more in my comfort zone - - - -and I love the sound even stock when you push it. it is a different animal than the 5.4 (which I have high regards for this motor). There is no doubt that the ecoboost is a faster motor - those days are somewhat behind me. The mpg gains were not ones that I would have seen with my driving style.

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
went with the 5.0. I really only have about 20 miles on it so far - but I love it. I never drove the ecoboost because I do not tow heavy and they Expy is typically what we use to tow anyway for the family. I would have given it a shot, but I need to see more years in production first. I know some people rave about it(including my salesman who has one), but the 5.0 was more in my comfort zone - - - -and I love the sound even stock when you push it. it is a different animal than the 5.4 (which I have high regards for this motor). There is no doubt that the ecoboost is a faster motor - those days are somewhat behind me. The mpg gains were not ones that I would have seen with my driving style.

good choice. my buddy has a 2011? 2012? mustang with the 5.0 and it sounds badass. Also it is faster bone stock than his 2004 mustang that had top/bottom end "go fast" mods. In his 5.0 he is able to break loose the rear end in 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4...its a manual not auto. 5.0 is a pretty awesome motor.

OP
OP
cleaningman94

cleaningman94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finished putting the motor back together then broke the dipstick tube so new one is on order. I cant wait to get it running again. I just have to rebuild the transfer case now. And quickly go through the transmission. I also just bought a 6.7 liter power stroke and eventually going to do a motor swap.

Plavin1991

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay! Wth is this bs! Desided to look and see if my 3rd brake light had 3 bulbs or just one.. a buddy of mine pointed out that there was only one bulb working so I just looked and this ***** rigged to blow!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372100953652.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372100953652.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 100

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finished putting the motor back together then broke the dipstick tube so new one is on order. I cant wait to get it running again. I just have to rebuild the transfer case now. And quickly go through the transmission. I also just bought a 6.7 liter power stroke and eventually going to do a motor swap.

Hey cleaningman, haven't heard from ya for a while, glad to hear the expy's coming along. You ever sell the Raptor or you still hanging on to that beast?

Sent from my Bag Phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2