What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tore into the work around for the vacuum modulated 4wd engagement

I HAZ A FREAKING PLAN!!!!!!!! (<inntnal caps...)

so like....

18106_4044615995434_1363462898_n.jpg

I am going to run two springs, one from the pendulum to the threaded boss on the right of it, and then the other to a cable end that will bein the vicinity of the threaded boss to the left of it.

I will attach said cable to the t-case actuator pendulum, when she grabs the floor mounted lever and goes to slide it back into 4wd high, the cable will pull the sprin. I noticed today, that the pendulum only swings .75" or so, if the "cogs of engagement" aren't aligned. A slight twist of the yoke, and then I gain the other .75" of swing locking 'er in.

So...... By using the spring, it will tension to the .75 if not aligned, holding tension til it aligns and the other .75" goes. Meanwhile the cable can go through it's natural range of motion with no binding....

Yeee!

The spring to the threaded boss ont he right will have less tension, and just be a dis-engagement facillitator.

She is smart enough to figure a cable pull "posi-lock" system, but, I want simplicity.

This will function as slick (in theory) as it did when we still had the same knobby y'all have.

261578_4044615635425_1500392371_n.jpg

Last edited:

Razor

Reaction score
Had 4.88's and truetracs installed front and rear...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i went to a couple of shops today...one quoted $2600 to do seats...headliner...doors (inserts only)...notice theres no carpet...it would be easier/cheaper if i kept the tan but i want to change the interior to black/green...i should get a quote monday from the other shop on COMPLETE price to COMPLETELY do the interior...and they have vision as to what could be done...the other shop does a lot of old schools and are pretty stuck in that mindset when it comes to pattern/design for seats...we'll see

roshanill

Reaction score
for cars entering the expressway; if you stay in the right lane, adjust your speed or move into the center lane so they can enter safely

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rejex my hood and wheels and then went out and did a couple 40mph burn outs...... Love the cold weather! I will rejex the rest of it tomorrow when I put it in the garage for the week.